View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2017, 08:58 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
The mostly white tom's ears swiveled as he heard her quickly mumbled apology, his mouth moving as if to say 'it's okay', but no words actually coming out so he simply shut his mouth again. His eyes blinked slowly as he watched her sit, an inward sigh escaping him as he realized he would be forced to acknowledge his own social awkwardness yet again. It was part of the reason he stopped trying to talk to others of the clan. Earlier on, before he met Willowrain, while he was awkward, he didn't generally try to hold back from trying to speak to others. Now he pretty much tried to avoid it altogether.
Their gazes met briefly, Yarrowpounce trying to offer her a small smile back seeing that she was smiling at him, before slowly looking away. Direct eye contact had always made him feel weird and he could usually only hold it for so long. But when he had looked directly in her eyes they seemed a bit weird.. He couldn't quite place it at the moment, but something did seem slightly off. Silence seemed to settle between the two as she took the first bite of her food, the smell hitting his nose and making his stomach twist and tear in hunger, his jaws clenching slightly. He usually couldn't even feel his own hunger, to actually feel it was a little bit of a surprise. Most of the time he felt numb in his own skin, glued to the ground he laid, not even feeling hungry, just tired but not able to sleep.
His yellow eyes flickered to look back at Turtleshell as she complimented his name, the tip of his tail just barely flicking. "I.. didn't exactly uh.. P-Pick it but thanks." He said quietly, trying to offer another smile again before looking away.
When the she-cat responded to him mentioning that there was probably better cats to share their food with, he seemed to fall quiet for a moment before also responding.
"I'm surprised t-that someone actually noticed me. I was content to rot here by myself." A somewhat rattly chuckle escaped him before he stopped it short. "I apologize. That's not something I should be l-laughing about."

The tortoiseshell tilted her head before taking another bite of her food, chewing for a bit as she pondered what to say next. Turtleshell usually had a bit to say, but since she didn’t know this tom, she didn’t want to look like a fool. She just chose to take another small bite after finishing her first. She glanced at-where she thought- her paws were. She tried to think of something to say, parting her jaws slightly, but then closing them awkwardly. He seemed as awkward as her, so she didn’t feel stupid yet. Maybe she could start some sort of conversation between them if she learned his likes. She bit her cheek, pondering. Turtleshell couldn’t tell his facial expression, but she offered a small smile anyways, hoping it wasn’t odd. She flicked her tail and gave a deep breath, still pondering what she could say to the tom, Yarrowpounce. He didn’t seem like a happy-type of cat, so she didn’t want to be too loud. Her glossy eyes glanced unseeingly around them, as she tried to act as natural as possible. “Sure you don’t want any?” She asked, tilting her head. She noted that it felt large, and she’d be more than willing to share, though he seemed opposed to the idea. She smiled and nodded slightly as he replied to her compliment. She liked his name, it sounded nice and energetic. Turtleshell, her own name, was a play on her pelt, she assumed. When she was able to see, she vividly remembered her pelt being pure black, with orange splotches on it and a tiny patch of white on her chest. She knew her pelt had stayed the same, though maybe slightly longer. “I know it’s not my place to ask..and you don’t have to reply if you don’t want to, but uh..what’s got you so down?” She mumbled, avoiding eye contact, ear tips growing hot at what she thought was an insensitive question.