View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2017, 08:58 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crybaby (At the Disco) View Post
The tortoiseshell tilted her head before taking another bite of her food, chewing for a bit as she pondered what to say next. Turtleshell usually had a bit to say, but since she didn’t know this tom, she didn’t want to look like a fool. She just chose to take another small bite after finishing her first. She glanced at-where she thought- her paws were. She tried to think of something to say, parting her jaws slightly, but then closing them awkwardly. He seemed as awkward as her, so she didn’t feel stupid yet. Maybe she could start some sort of conversation between them if she learned his likes. She bit her cheek, pondering. Turtleshell couldn’t tell his facial expression, but she offered a small smile anyways, hoping it wasn’t odd. She flicked her tail and gave a deep breath, still pondering what she could say to the tom, Yarrowpounce. He didn’t seem like a happy-type of cat, so she didn’t want to be too loud. Her glossy eyes glanced unseeingly around them, as she tried to act as natural as possible. “Sure you don’t want any?” She asked, tilting her head. She noted that it felt large, and she’d be more than willing to share, though he seemed opposed to the idea. She smiled and nodded slightly as he replied to her compliment. She liked his name, it sounded nice and energetic. Turtleshell, her own name, was a play on her pelt, she assumed. When she was able to see, she vividly remembered her pelt being pure black, with orange splotches on it and a tiny patch of white on her chest. She knew her pelt had stayed the same, though maybe slightly longer. “I know it’s not my place to ask..and you don’t have to reply if you don’t want to, but uh..what’s got you so down?” She mumbled, avoiding eye contact, ear tips growing hot at what she thought was an insensitive question.
Just like that, the stifling, heavy, awkward silence that Yarrowpounce hates so much settled between the two like a block. This time, a heavy sigh did escape him, cutting through the silence like a jagged knife; laying his head in his paws, he glanced away. This was where the other cat would simply get uncomfortable with the silence and leave, like so many others, right? That's usually what happened and at this point in time, he's stopped caring about trying to get them to come back. It'd only end up in this silence again anyways.
Though after a little bit, the she-cat did actually say something, though it was referring to the food that she was willing to share. Weakly he'd smile at her and shake his head, even though she couldn't see the movement. "Thank you for the um.. The offer, but no I'll... I'll be fine." No you won't, you need to eat! His mind immediately hissed back at him, but he simply laid his head back down and watched Turtleshell as she ate her food. It looked like it was more than she could eat, but even then he was hesitant about sharing food.
But then came something he wasn't expecting nor did he want to think about. The question causing what little weak smile he had managed to falter and disappear altogether, throwing him into absolute silence. He could feel the painful, dull aching of his heart, his chest lurching with the pain of what tormented him. He almost didn't want to answer her. He almost wanted to shut up completely. But the quietest part of him whispered that he should just tell her. That maybe it would just be better if he let her know, not keep her in the dark and drive her away with his silence.
"Some cat.. That.. That I cared for very.. Very much d-disappeared.. I...
I thought.. I thought she liked me too... I thought..
" He could feel the sob rising in his throat and the tears brimming in his eyes. "I thought she.. She loved me..." And now he did sob, his body lurching with the powerful break of tears, the emotional pain causing him to sink his claws weakly into the earth and bow his head.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?