View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2017, 02:06 PM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

Speckledspring snorted, rolling her eyes. "Well I never got the chance to tell you, because you couldn't wait to join the stars, huh?" Even though she missed him deeply, the queen knew that her mate was safe up here, and he would be watching over her and her kits forever more. She was going to tell Shamrockglow about their last litter of kits after the battle with the Dusk Syndicate, as Speckledspring had wanted to fight. And she had known that her mate wouldn't have let her fight if he had known she was pregnant. But neither of them had known that Shamrock would die in that battle. But Sprckledspring was proud of him. He had died bravely, and Speckledspring knew her time would come to join him in Starclan. But the feline still had a lot of life in her. She wasn't that old. "I bet these kits are going to have some great fighting spirit in them. They were up close and personal in a battle, before they were even born." Speckledspring's pale blue eyes sparkled with pride as she thought of the kits waiting to be born into the world. The only thing she regretted was that they would be born into a world without their father. But she would let them know who their father was, and what a great warrior he was, and still is.

Shamrockglow’s eyes gleamed with happiness, and his maw broke into a wide grin, his tail twitching with pleasure, then his eyes darkened, and he shook himself as he realized that she would have to raise their kits alone, and his kits would never get to meet him, although beheld to the belief that Speckledspring would make sure they knew about him, as would his other kits, who he missed a lot. It had been amazing, to raise a family with her, and she was an amazing cat, like no other. “Nah, the stars couldn't wait to have me join them,” he teased, touching his nose to the tip of her ear affectionately, his eyes regaining their usually brightness. Then he stared at her, his jaw dropping open slightly in disbelief. “Speckledspring you shouldn't have!” he exclaimed, his eyes widening, then he smiled and closed his mouth, it didn't matter, she was okay, the kits probably were fine, so no harm done. Maybe he was dead, but it had nothing to do with what she'd done. “Never mind, just… never do that again, please?” he added, closing his eyes a moment. He couldn't bare the thought of her losing the kits, whether they were his or someone else's, in case one day she found a new mate. He hated the idea, but he did want her to be happy, and nothing outweighed that. “When they're older, would you tell them that I'm always here, watching over them?” he asked, still purring faintly, his green eyes shining. He would've loved to be down there with Speckledspring, and help her raise their kits together, but that was impossible, and he had to accept this. Shamrockglow would've liked to meet his kits, but he also knew that wouldn't happen for a long time, unless he managed to visit them in their dreams, like he was doing with with Speckledspring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@blue jellie

Lioncry padded through StarClan’s territory, her earlier visit with her sister and best friend still fresh in her mind, as were the emotions. Before the night was over, she wanted to visit one more cat; Stormfeather. The golden furred warrior had never been particularly close to the queen, but had still loved Stormfeather all the same, and it hurt her to know that she had never gotten to say goodbye, and she also knew that the SkyClan warrior was probably in a state of grieving, something she didn't want for her mother. She wanted to let her know that it was okay, so that was what she would do. In a moment, she tried to call Stormfeather here, hoping that her mother was askeep. The only cat she'd gotten to say goodbye to was her adoptive daughter, Smokeykit, who's fate was unknown to the starry pelted she-cat. She didn't know of Smokeykit was dead or alive, but hadn't found her in StarClan, so it was impossible to tell. She remembered her promise to Smokeykit, a promise she had both fulfilled and broke, somehow. Lioncry had said that she would fight like all of LionClan, which she was fairly sure she had achieved, to the best of her abilities at least, but sometimes, even that wasn't enough. So as she sat down, summoning Stormfeather to StarClan, her thought started to wander.