View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2018, 09:00 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

“It looks comfortable,” Honeythistle commented, throwing his head to gesture to the bedding. He bent his nose down to nose at the little scented flowers that resides there. When he lifted his head to gaze at the molly’s Expression, he noticed a small frown. His head tilted to the side and he squinted his eyes at the she cat. When she suggested that he stay, Honeythistle got to his paws. “Are you sure?” His whiskers twitched. “You seem like you’re ready to enter dreamland.” The ends of his muzzle twitched into a smirk. “I was getting the idea that you wanted a break from my company.” He joked, lightly. In his eyes, the nest did look very comfortable. With the moss, the ferns, and the added wildflowers that added a tender aroma of sensitivity and uniqueness. The queen already made room in her nest for him, so how could he deny her request? Honeythistle rolled his broad shoulders, and gingerly he stepped into her nest, feeling the warmth of the flowers under his paw pads. When he laid down, he nuzzled his mate gently. “I think I’m spoiling you too much...” he muttered, a low chuckle emitting from his throat. Oh, wow! This nest was extremely comfortable. Definitely a lot more comfortable than his own. Silently, he knew he did a great job in fixing up this nest. The tom leaned down, laying his head against Dovecoo’s shoulder. He flicked his ears. “What did you want to talk about?” Dovecoo wanted him to stay. To talk for a little bit before she slept. Honeythistle knew he shouldn’t stay too long. He didn’t want to disturb the queens with his presence, yet they were secluded from the others. Not too far off, but nice enough that they could enjoy a little bit of privacy. The tom brought his head up, staring into her crystalline eyes with a curious expression. “Anything on your mind?” He questioned. Of course, her mind was always a tornado. Never focused on one thing more than the other. Sometimes Honeythistle enjoyed her little uncanny imaginations, and other times it annoyed him that she could never stay completely focused.
Dovecoo nodded when Honeythistle commented on the nest’s comfort. His observation was correct. “Of course I’m sure!” Dovecoo laughed quietly, thumping her tail on the floor of the nest to indicate that he should join her. The feline didn’t quite realize that Honeythistle was joking, though she understood that he didn’t seriously think that she wanted to be away from him. She was in some kind of limbo with her understanding of jokes and seriousness. Dovecoo answered with a smile, though her voice was sincere, “I don’t want a break. I enjoy being around you!” Dove watched Honeythistle as he finally joined her and purred as he nuzzled her. She returned the affectionate gesture and chuckled at his exclamation. Somehow, she understood that, once again, Honeythistle was not being serious. “Not too much!” She giggled, “just enough!” She felt his head on her shoulder and layers her own head down, looking up at the ceiling of the den where a few cracks between bracken pieces and leaves gave her the smallest view of the stars above. She wasn’t looking at Honeythistle, but it was enough to just feel his presence. Come to think of it, Dovecoo didn’t really have a subject picked out for them to talk about. She had simply wanted him to stay for a bit. However, conversation topics were never in short supply within the distracted molly’s head. “Hmmmm...” she mumbled distractedly as she watched the stars twinkle through the gaps, “talk to me about the future. What do you want to do with life, before we join them?” At the end of her question, Dovecoo nudged her head slightly in the direction of the sky, still looking upwards.