View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2018, 10:09 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Dovecoo nodded when Honeythistle commented on the nest’s comfort. His observation was correct. “Of course I’m sure!” Dovecoo laughed quietly, thumping her tail on the floor of the nest to indicate that he should join her. The feline didn’t quite realize that Honeythistle was joking, though she understood that he didn’t seriously think that she wanted to be away from him. She was in some kind of limbo with her understanding of jokes and seriousness. Dovecoo answered with a smile, though her voice was sincere, “I don’t want a break. I enjoy being around you!” Dove watched Honeythistle as he finally joined her and purred as he nuzzled her. She returned the affectionate gesture and chuckled at his exclamation. Somehow, she understood that, once again, Honeythistle was not being serious. “Not too much!” She giggled, “just enough!” She felt his head on her shoulder and layers her own head down, looking up at the ceiling of the den where a few cracks between bracken pieces and leaves gave her the smallest view of the stars above. She wasn’t looking at Honeythistle, but it was enough to just feel his presence. Come to think of it, Dovecoo didn’t really have a subject picked out for them to talk about. She had simply wanted him to stay for a bit. However, conversation topics were never in short supply within the distracted molly’s head. “Hmmmm...” she mumbled distractedly as she watched the stars twinkle through the gaps, “talk to me about the future. What do you want to do with life, before we join them?” At the end of her question, Dovecoo nudged her head slightly in the direction of the sky, still looking upwards.
Honeythistle shifted on the nest, stretching out his back limbs, and laying his head on his forepaw. Honeythistle had purred lightly at Dovecoo’s words as he teased her, joking that he felt she was tired of his company. As the two settled down, Honeythistle curled his tail inwardly, even though it was laying askew, limped behind him. His eyes flicked to look at Dovecoo, as she stared upward at the little bit of Silverpelt that dazzled the sky. Honeythistle didn’t bother to look at the stars. Instead, his gaze lingered onto her. The Molly he found fascinating since getting to know her in Riverclan. She was just...so sweet. Apart of him felt he was taking advantage of her, but that plan was longed gone. She was one of his mates. Apart of the family. Honeythistle blinked his eyes, almost missing her question as she continued to look at the sky. Actually, he was taken aback for a moment. This was a harmless conversation, but he never...really been asked that question before. Honeythistle was not the one to talk about his ambition with others, or where he seen himself in a couple moons in life. If he were to tell her the truth, he honestly believed he wouldn’t have made it a couple moons into his early warriorhood. He felt that he should already be walking amongst the stars; dead. He was still thriving. On earth. With a family. Five families that he weaved into one. A blessing from Starclan, it truly was! Annoyed plenty of others, but he was grateful for his mates and his kits. He would die for them all in less than a heartbeat. Honeythistle didn’t bother to answer her for a couple moments as he thought it over. His muzzle twitched a few times and he shifted uncomfortably in the nest. When he finally did answer, he lifted his head and shrugged lightly. “The future, huh?” He mumbled, then finally looked up, catching the stars in the gaps of the ceiling. “I think I have everything...” Honeythistle knew deep, deep down that he didn’t deserve the happiness in his heart. What other tom had the beauty and wonders of having more than one mate to love? To be loved? And plenty of kits to carry on their legacy? By Starclan, the tom knew he was greedy...and, he liked that. He wasn’t going to regret it. Yet, he knew this wasn’t her question. “I just to make sure my family have a wonderful life.” The only time when he was selfless when it came to his mates and kits. Playfully, he nosed through her neckfur. “And, to give you all the love until you know you can’t handle it anymore.” He teased before facing upward again, a little smile on his charming face. “What about you? What do you want out of life, Dove?” His voice was hushed, quiet.