View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
A shriek pierced the rather silent air as Indigo felt a tap on his haunches, sending the young tom sprawling into the grass before him. Once again, his heartbeat picked up and raced off against his chest, the blood rushing past his ears again. "I-I'm not doing anything. I'm just o-on my way h-home, I didn't m-mean to intr-intrude," he stuttered as he spoke fast, lips moving like lightning as he scrambled to his paws. Loose grass and dirt clung to his fur where he'd fallen, but the panic that Halite or one of his warriors was standing right behind him sent this thought to the back of his mind. His fur was sticking out in all sorts of random places and his claws were unsheathed, ready to defend himself. You can take him. At least your father's training will finally come in handy, he thought as he opened his eyes once more. Taking a last deep breath, Indigo whirled around as he lashed out one forepaw, claws glinting in the sun, towards Blazingstar. Without waiting to see if his attack had landed, the fluffy golden kit backed up, crouching away from Blazingstar and glaring up at him. Despite trying to make himself appear as menacing as he could, fear was written all over the kit's face. His whole body shook, each muscle fighting the waves of exhaustion that lapped at the edge of his consciousness. Please don't be one of Halite's Guards. Please, he begged in his mind, swallowing a lump that had formed in his throat.
Kitten claws. The worst. Blazingstar thought to himself as claws nicked his forelegs just barely. Enough to feel it at least. So this cat's flight-or-fight response was an interesting one, though predictable. How else would he expect a kitten to react to someone tripping them mid-sprint? "Easy now, I don't know what you're running from, but you won't get very far in this territory. We're built for this stuff," he spoke calmly. It was a non-threatening threat at it's finest. Basically stating the kit couldn't run away even if he wanted to. "What are you running from?" the leader inquired, inching towards the kit a little more to ensure the distance between them didn't waver too much. He didn't need the kit thinking about running again. Calmly, Blazingstar sat down and wrapped his unusually long tail around his paws, blinking his golden hues -- which held a friendly glint -- as he awaited a response. He remained quiet, simply sitting patiently. This kit could take as long as they pleased to respond to him, but either way, Blazingstar was going to get an answer. Also, he was going to bring him back to camp. It was obvious he kit needed food and at least a safe place to stay for the night, which would be approaching soon enough.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL