View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2020, 08:40 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ⭐ Paying the Price ⭐

RiverClan Announcement [#liontalks]

In an instant, any pride Lionstar felt was gone in a flash-- replaced by confusion as claws sank into his shoulders and he was tossed down like prey.

The last thing he recalled was a fat black gremlin over him and burning orange eyes glaring down on him, the pain of fangs in his throat

★★★★★★★★
Unfortunately for him, he awoke to darkness.

Lionstar didn't recognize where he was at first, until the scene began to clear.. and he looked around at what was once RiverClan's old camp.

The tunnels, once long forgotten and now reclaimed, only.. it felt brand new. Fresh, untainted by the damp water that once controlled these halls.

And below him, he could see the bloodied bodies of two cats: a dark pelt speckled with white, and a more familiar brown and white tabby. That's me?

No, it wasn't him. Not in the slightest. He was far more prettier than that ugly thing. But.. why did he recognize this?

"Are things coming together yet?" Ugh, it was the return of Headless-star, wasn't it. "You were always a reckless sort.. I'm not surprised to see you have fallen in battle once more."

Bristling, Lionstar turned on the tabby that spoke to him. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Headless-star frowned, shaking his head. "You always were an aggressive one, eh? I warned you once, that you destroyed my Clan.. do you honestly think these little.. battles of yours, these conflicts-- are going to do anything to help our Clan?"

He bared his teeth at the spirit. "We're doing this to stop ShadowClan before they gear up to attack us, you old bat--"

"All you've done is turn RiverClan into a bunch of battle hungry killers!" Headless-star spat, hackles raised. "I mean it. "Don't kill anyone" my ass, look around you.

"Battles can be necessary at times but ShadowClan hadn't touched your Clan. That apprentice? An accident. If you keep harassing ShadowClan before they've done anything to deserve it, you're going to bite off more than you can chew."

Lionstar took a step toward the spirit, a hiss escaping his lips. "All I've done.. has improve RiverClan and make it stronger. Cats like you-- have only made it passive, spineless. There's a reason Evil was allowed to spread in RiverClan for both evil eras, and that was under your authority the first time.

"Preach all you want, but I will not allow my Clan to be a pushover like your RiverClan was. Send me back. Now. I'm done with talking to you. If all you want to do is tell me how to lead, then I want nothing to do with you-- and I want nothing to do with the rest of you Starblind cats. Send me back RIGHT NOW!"

Whoosh!
★★★★★★★
Lionstar's eyes snapped open in time for the last of Icestar's speech, the get out-- and he let out a choked laugh as he pulled himself to his paws. "Try to be proud all you want, flea-brain. Your Clan's "victory" is as shallow as your sense of decency."

If ShadowClan were truly the victor of this battle, it might be considered a pyrrhic victory-- their camp was damaged alongside many of their warriors. He doubted some of them would make it through the night, and he chuckled lowly to himself as he started to head out of camp, flicking his tail for Fawnsqueak to follow.

"RiverClan, cease fire--" these were to the cats still insistent on fighting. "Let's go home."

THE BATTLE IS OVER,
PLEASE REDIRECT CATS TO THE
MAIN CLAN THREADS!