View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2017, 05:34 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@woly @Charmer

Juniperpaw was ecstatic at the idea of having two mentors, both of them she considered to be her close friends - and maybe even family. She smiled gratefully at the older tomcat, an excited gleam visible in her dark eyes. And she released a high-pitched thrilled sound when Daydream accepted Shinefang's request. We'll see each other all the time now! Awesome! Let's hope they don't get sick of me. Juniperpaw stepped back to give both Shinefang and Daydream space for the ceremony. She watched on through wide and fascinated eyes, despite the obvious lack of faith in their warrior ancestors, but Juniperpaw wasn't going to complain. After all, everyone had their own beliefs, and she respected that, though it was odd to hear Shinefang being referred to as an apprentice.

She remembered when Geckoleaf brought her to the Starcave to preform her ceremony, and Juniperpaw had never been more excited as she had been, at the time, oblivious of her clanmates' resentment. Juniperpaw cheered, ``Yeah, Shinefang! You're officially one of us now! Does that mean I was a medicine cat before you, despite your age? Hey, how old are you?`` A teasing smirk stretched across the apprentice's muzzle, but she looked upon Shinefang with admiration and warmth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"I do." With those two little words, Shinefang's life as a warrior was over. For so many moons he'd served his clan, fighting and hunting, and now here he was embarking on a whole new journey in service to Skyclan. "Daydream, you just broke the heart of every shecat in Skyclan." The old tom chuckled at his own joke, his tail swishing behind him. He looked over at Juniperpaw, whisker's twitching. "I guess so, Junebug. And maybe so. I may not have all the official training, but I can heal wounds and keep them from getting infected. I was actually going to show a few Skyclan warriors how to do some basic healing tomorrow so that if anything happens to me, Skyclan won't be left without a cat who can do that much. Hey, you ought to come to Skyclan for that. It won't be much, but you'll know some of the basics at least." The old tom snickered at the question about his age. "I'm ninety-eight moons old. Can you believe I'm still this handsome?" he asked, smiling good naturally before turning back to Daydream. "So, herbs for my old joints: Any suggestions, Dreamer?"
¨i think shinefang is as old as time, june.¨ daydream snorted. they werent close with the newest medicien cat, caliapaw, or the oldest, surgestorm, but they felt more comfortable having more bonds. they could remember when they were the newbie. how their ceremony went. surrounded by geckoleaf and surge,ebonypaw,skyclans old medcat, and wheatfur. how the times have changed. now, they were the second oldest of the medcats. ¨for joints? huckleberry is good for muscle pain, daisy leaves are good for aching joints..¨ they looked at the ground in thought, before sighing,¨its hard to explain what they look like without them right infront of me, seeing as most leaves look the same. guess it requires a training session.¨