View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2018, 03:01 PM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Vortex's Forest ~ Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
@Vortex
A young She-cat padded through the trees, alone, cold and hungry. Raina hadn't eaten in a few days but finding food wouldn't be a problem in an area like this. Eventually she picked up unfamiliar cat scent and decided to follow it. It could mean danger or it could mean survival. The blue-grey Molly came to a small clearing which contained a log and next to the log was a brown Tom. He was covered in scars and his fur was scruffy. "Excuse me, my name's Raina...do you happen to have any food you could share with me?" She mewed anxiously.
Vortex whipped around when he heard a soft voice behind him, his heterochromatic blue hues widening slightly as he spotted the speaker. A young, thin looking blue-gray molly. His gaze softened, and the big tomcat shook his head at her. “Oh, hi there! I'm Vortex, and... no, but I can get some? It's really not a problem. There's plenty around here!” he said cheerfully, his words slightly muffled and some he seemed to have difficulty pronouncing. The fact that his lips were torn and actually missing, revealing his teeth and gums on that side of his muzzle, made speech difficulty. Without a second thought, then big brown and white loner turned around and bounded off, calling over his shoulder: “Stay right there! I'll be right back!” he told her, disappearing into the forest with long strides. It wasn't long before the scent of squirrel reached him, and Vortex froze, scanning his surroundings. Moments later, the former kittypet spotted the gray animal gnawing on a walnut a few fox-lengths away. He dropped into a crouch, stalking forward with practiced skill and deadly silence. Once close enough, the tomcat pounced. The squirrel didn't stand a chance, and he killed it with a well aimed blow to the spine. Picking up with creature in his jaws, thetomcat dashed back to where he'd left Raina, hoping the strange molly was still there.