View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2018, 03:47 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: Vortex's Forest ~ Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post

Vortex whipped around when he heard a soft voice behind him, his heterochromatic blue hues widening slightly as he spotted the speaker. A young, thin looking blue-gray molly. His gaze softened, and the big tomcat shook his head at her. “Oh, hi there! I'm Vortex, and... no, but I can get some? It's really not a problem. There's plenty around here!” he said cheerfully, his words slightly muffled and some he seemed to have difficulty pronouncing. The fact that his lips were torn and actually missing, revealing his teeth and gums on that side of his muzzle, made speech difficulty. Without a second thought, then big brown and white loner turned around and bounded off, calling over his shoulder: “Stay right there! I'll be right back!” he told her, disappearing into the forest with long strides. It wasn't long before the scent of squirrel reached him, and Vortex froze, scanning his surroundings. Moments later, the former kittypet spotted the gray animal gnawing on a walnut a few fox-lengths away. He dropped into a crouch, stalking forward with practiced skill and deadly silence. Once close enough, the tomcat pounced. The squirrel didn't stand a chance, and he killed it with a well aimed blow to the spine. Picking up with creature in his jaws, thetomcat dashed back to where he'd left Raina, hoping the strange molly was still there.
Raina made herself comfortable, wrapping her tail around her paws, sitting up straight. She was a proper she-cat despite being a loner or a rogue. She politely asked for food instead of stealing it, she preferred not to fight. What a nice Tom. the Molly thought. Eventually the Tom returned with a squirrel in his jaws. "Oh thank you! You take first bite." Raina offered.