View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2017, 09:14 PM
chirps

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post
West curiously watched her as she seemed to think awhile on her answer, his tail twitching back and forth as he tried to push away growing suspicions about what she was about to tell them. The tom could read others well, and by the look of this she-cat face, it didn't seem to be good news coming their way. However, even as he braced himself for the worst, it didn't stop his heart from breaking a tiny bit when the warrior finally spoke. His blue hues widened in shock, and his heart felt as if it had dropped into his stomach area. "D-died...?" The word felt sour on his tongue. His eyes burned, and he felt the threatening feeling of tears welling up; even to the best of his abilities to stop it. However, he wouldn't dare let himself cry, and instead pushed everything he was feeling into the back of his mind. The expression of sadness on his face shifted into a look of stoic somberness in just a few moments, as he carefully took in his sister's expression before forming a response. "This... Zerosight? Could we speak to him?" The young tom dug his claws into the ground, almost as if he was trying to ground himself so that he could act normally. "I want to know the cat... that my brother died for." He took a deep breath in and out, and then met the warrior she-cat's gaze. His heart ached inside, but he ignored it.
As realization sunk into South, her expression went from one of pure determination, to sheer terror. She felt as though roots had come up from the ground and entangled themselves around her paws, keeping her body frozen in place. Grief raked its cold, menacing claws down her flank, digging deep enough to draw up pools of blood it felt like. Dead... North is... dead... No... No! "No!" she wailed, suddenly sinking into a shaking pile of fur. She didn't care that they were around a stranger, or that West had yet to see her break down to this extent. All she had ever hoped for in life was to meet her brother, and to have someone in life to walk beside her pawstep for pawstep. And now... It had all been yanked away from her before she even knew it. "We didn't even get to know him," she mumbled, looking up at West with tears in her gaze.

Littledragon felt a pang of pity strike her as she watched South crumple under the weight of this news. "I really am sorry for your loss," she murmured, although she made no move to offer any other comfort to the fallen she-cat. She switched her amber gaze to West, noting that he was the more emotionally strong of the two, so it seemed. "I can take you to meet Zerosight, but I don't know if you'll be able to stay for too long. Ever since Northpath was killed... He's not too keen on visitors. He's a bit snappy," the she-cat warrior explained, hoping that they both understood that this could even mean that ThunderClan's medicine cat didn't wish to see them. Or, who knows? Maybe it was exactly what he needed to be put back on his feet right now; a little, living, piece of his slain apprentice that he spent a majority of his time now grieving over.