View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2018, 02:22 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Cherrypaw cocked her head to the side and listened intently to Eveningkit. She was trying to treat the smaller she-cat how Cherrypaw wished older cats treated her. She was young, yes. But Cherrypaw still deserved respect. So did the little kit in front of her. Age or rank within the Clan didn't define a cat. That was obvious. Eveningkit seemed like she was more knowledgeable than the average SkyClan kit. The apprentice understood the feeling of wanting to grow up faster. Cherrypaw couldn't wait to be a warrior. It seemed that Eveningkit felt the same way about being an apprentice.

However, the young apprentice did miss being a kit sometimes. There were no responsibilities or exhausting training sessions. Cherrypaw was able to spend most of her day doing whatever she wanted, granted her mother gave her permission. Hearing Eveningkit complain about kit games rubbed the apprentice's fur the wrong way a little bit. She would kill to have a day off from apprentice duties.

"No worries, Eveningkit." Cherrypaw mewed with a smile. "We all have our issues and we need someone to listen. I'm glad to lend you my ears." The white she-cat flicked her ears towards the darker furred kit. She stopped speaking for a moment, trying to organize her thoughts. "It's hard to be young. It's especially hard when you've got a older mind stuck in a young body. I know the feeling. I want to be treated with the respect that I deserve, even though I'm only eight moons old. But warriors and older cats will only treat me like an apprentice. They think I have to be given my warrior name to let me have any respect." Cherrypaw's mind flashed back to all of the times older cats had bossed her around for no reason other than the fact that she was younger. Even the older apprentices and younger warriors had acted like they were her mentor. Her white fur began to bristle a little around her neck. Blazingcomet was her mentor. He alone could tell her what to do. And of course Cherrypaw would follow Grousestar's orders. That was the Warrior Code. Shaking her head, she tried to get back on track. "I know you're not an apprentice in a kit's body. I'm not a warrior in a apprentice's body either. But I think we do have older souls." The apprentice flicked her tail over the kit's ear playfully. "Maybe you could come up with a more mature game that you could get the other kits to play. Perhaps you could even teach them." She offered.
Eveningkit shrugged as Cherrypaw’s idea was good, but the only fun things Eveningkit enjoyed was sophisticated talk, the idea of hunting, battle training with an older apprentice, who could care less about squishing a two moon kit, and battering at a mossball,” Well. I only like to talk, and learn more about the world. Not sure how any of those interests could turn into games.” She meowed trying to imagine how that was possible.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here