Old December 30th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: ThunderClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
@Suspiciousmindz

It felt like a particularly strong gust of wind hit Heatherfur head on as Mintberry's insult regarding WindClan's current state, and their moorland hunting territory. Her pride for her Clan flickered in her belly like a flame, and for a second bile rose in her throat. Littermate or not, the she-cat didn't take kindly to her Clan being disrespected. WindClan was generally the most underestimated out of the four, and it was a misguided statement that she wouldn't stand for. We are plenty strong. she thought as her ears lowered a bit, her chest rumbling with an inaudible growl.

She just couldn't understand how her sister had chosen ThunderClan. It didn't make sense to her, and despite how much she missed her littermate, her choice of new residency puzzled Heatherfur. Especially with Snowstar at the helm, a young and, in her opinion inexperienced, feline. Her decisions weren't always the best, and she had to wonder if this battle could've been avoided altogether if ThunderClan's leader was a bit older and wiser.

"Of course I am distraught," she replied simply to Mintberry's next question. She couldn't hide that fact from her sister. Maybe in WindClan, where if any ThunderClanner's name was even whispered it would stir up tension and anxiety, and a retort would usually follow. But here, where it was just them at the border, she had to let her sister know just how much she was missed. "Your family misses you. You left in a time of great grieving." Her voice hardened towards the end, and the small residing anger she felt about the former WindClan feline abandoning them rose up again like heat to the surface. Heatherfur took a few moments to let herself calm down, the look of anger being replaced by one of sorrow. "You left me."

Mintberry didn't even feel the slightest bit bad about leaving. In fact, the statements enraged her. A switch seemed to flip as she let her sister finish talking. Her stance wasn't as casual, now it was tense and her ears were flat against her head. Black tail tip twitched. "I didn't leave anyone," she began, her pale green hues darkening. "You chose to stay and watch as a murderer rose up the ranks. Your loyalty to Blazingstar is pitiful," she meowed. There was no mercy to her words. She didn't care what Heatherfur thought of her after this. "Dad would still be alive if it wasn't for his carelessness," she paused, finding herself having to force the next set of words. "I don't miss Windclan or anyone in it," she finished. Her gaze had to avert from her sister at that point so she didn't see the hurt in her eyes.

The only family member Mintberry found herself wanting to be around was Frog. Their uncle. No one knew where he lingered at this moment, but she'd give the world to see the feline most closely related to their father. She loved the stories he had to share, but since the Liberation fights, she hadn't heard much from the older tom. Needless to say, Mintberry was still grieving greatly. Her bitter attitude always coming back at the mention of her family and the Windclan leader. A few moments passed before Mintberry could wipe the hurt from her hues and face her sister again. She was ready to face whatever Heatherfur had to say to her.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL