View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2021, 12:32 PM
welcome to the garden

My Mood: Bashful

Default The Final Ghost {Private}

// @bmkmb

Sweat soaked through Zen's shirt as she clutched Orion's clammy hand tightly in her own. The day was sweltering, but that didn't stop the market of Balluz from being bustling, as usual. People of all shapes and sizes bumped into them, screamed advertisements from their stalls, or curiously reached for her money purse before backing away at the sight of Zen's pistol. "Stay close," she muttered to her brother. She didn't like crowds, and especially right now. She knew there were hunters on her trail.

Peering over her shoulder, she checked to make sure the coast was clear, and then ducked into an alley, dragging Orion along with her. "In here," she murmured, and retreated into the dark shade until she was sure they couldn't be seen. Letting out a slow breath, she relaxed a bit. "Sorry about that. We need to--"

Orion was staring at her frantically. Why did he look so panicked? "Orion--"

"Shhh!" he whispered hurriedly, shoving his pudgy hand over her mouth. Anxiety flickered in his eyes. "I think I hear something."

Sure enough, as Zen strained to listen, she heard quiet, measured breathing, somewhere in the alley with them. Thank Goddess for Orion's ears.

"Come out," she called to the air, forcing her tone to be cold. One hand rested on the pistol. "Don't hide from us." Her finger squeezed the trigger.

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site