Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Wrenpaw
~<>~
32/100
9 moons || she/her || RiverClan Apprentice || Silver Tongue
medium furred silver smoke she-cat; blue eyes

Stupid dumb... Birdsnow never answered her original question the first time Wren had come to ask it. She'd sat outside the den for so long without a response that eventually the silver apprentice had slunk back to the apprentice's den grumbling. And now Birdsnow wasn't even leader. Instead, Wrenpaw had to come back to this stupid den and ask a simple question - really, it was just a yes or no answer! - to Fadingsun. Tail lashing behind her, Wrenpaw stops outside the entrance to the den, frowning with preemptive annoyance.

"Fadingsun!" She called out, "Can I come in? I've got a question for you."

[ @occultation ]

It felt so weird to be in here, much less receiving visitors who needed and wanted to speak to him about leader things. He knew that Birdsnow wasn't fit for leadership anymore; he knew that her decision had been the best, and yet, why did it still feel so... strange and almost wrong?

To put it frankly, Fadingsun wasn't a huge fan of being in here. Being in here meant that the change to leadership stared him straight in his face, its gaping dark eyes promising an uncertain future that his paws not only had the ability to shape, but the requirement to.

Wrenpaw's call shook him out of his thoughts. Straightening into a sitting position and smoothing a few bits of ruffled fur, he responded, "Come on in. What's up?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag View Post

--
No Purrks

Aha! He found a way in. Hm, this place was way too empty. and super dark! "Fadingsun? Are you in here cause wow we need to get some cool things in here!" He jumps up. Her head almost hitting the den wall as she does such due to their direction. "You know what would be super cool? Getting some animal skulls or something, maybe flowers, oo oo I know! Vines!" She jumps around the den, pointing at certain walls and the ceiling as they speak.

[ @occultation ]

Stickpaw's arrival scared the bejeezus out of Fadingsun. He hadn't been expecting it; his only visitor thus far had announced her presence before coming in, so he'd foolishly thought that was what everyone would do.

Thankfully, no disaster was occurring that needed urgent response. In fact, Stickpaw seemed nothing but bubbly. Bubbly in a way that made awkward anxiety begin to creep up into his pelt. How was one supposed to handle a bundle of fur that bounced from wall to wall? Apprentices had... feelings? Yes, obviously. But they were different from adult feelings, and that's where he found himself often getting tripped up.

So, it was no surprise that his initial response to Stickpaw's enthusiasm was a mixture of confusion and hesitance. "Uh, yeah, I suppose we can do that. Wouldn't you rather be out training than helping me with a boring job like that?" Surely no apprentice would rather spend time decorating than training, especially one on the older side like Stickpaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
Dusklion - RiverClan Head Lionheart
She/her | 27 moons | Go with the Flow, Beefed Up T3, Rapid Recovery, Shadow Fiend
A huge yawn parted her jaws as Dusklion slipped into the den, head shaking to clear the disorientation that plagued her. She was on night... however many without much sleep, but everything was fine. Her eyes could still see, ears could still hear, nose could still scent... even if they weren't, it was better than the hellish nightmares that plagued her if she even dared close her eyes. The dark tabby just had to keep justifying it by saying that it was in self-defense. It had to have been. He had crossed the border, and -

"Fades?" It was... odd that this was her brother's den. Stranger still that they had yet to really speak since his recovery. Dusk didn't know where she stood with him, but she wouldn't let it get in the way of finally getting this reported. Birdsnow had been nowhere to report it to, so she had kept it to herself until she felt her brother was well enough to help her figure out what to do about it.

Eyes finding the orange-and-black split pelt of her brother, the smaller tabby stifled another yawn. "Tried to report to Birdsnow, but she wasn't around, 'n I wanted to wait until you were... better." Okay, swallow that thick bout of emotion, no time for it right now. "While you were out I sent some border 'n huntin' patrols. Well, the Sedgewater Valley one came back - with three dead cats, I might add." Fluff-for-brains, really. "Roseheart, Irishawk, 'n Moonfur. Buried 'em out at Sleepy Thicket awhile back, tried to tell Birdsnow... 'n well, I'll leave you to guess if that was successful or not." Another scoff.

"Didn't see the point in reportin' it until you were back to full strength, but now that you are - 'n leader to boot, at that - you get to help me figure out how we're gonna get ourselves outta this mess." Because I might've made it worse. But Dusklion didn't dare say that part yet. She wasn't sure on how close her brother and her were anymore - best to not say anything that could get her kicked out now that he had the power to do so (though she hoped he wouldn't do that...)

[ Fadingsun - @occultation ]

Whenever Fadingsun heard his sister's voice these days, it inspired a cacophony of different emotions inside. Love, hope, confusion, uncertainty, anxiety. He had absolutely no clue how she really felt about him. His days spent in and out of consciousness after the attack on him were ones of uncertainty. He'd known that she'd been there, but for what reason... he wasn't entirely sure.

She'd supported him at the meeting, but it had only been around a moon ago when she'd had her outburst. They hadn't talked about it. Since then, they hadn't had any moment that bore resemblance to those they'd had before. Would they go back to that bond, one day? Or had it been shattered irrevocably?

All of those questions were too hard to answer, and listening to Dusklion's report, it didn't seem like now was the time to try to answer them. Clearly the three dead cats hadn't died by accident- WindClan had something to do with it. "Tell me everything you know about what happened." His tone was professional, perhaps a little removed, even. That was the best way to handle things, at least until him and Dusklion had a proper conversation about everything.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.