View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2018, 05:09 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Lion Guard Redux [Private]

(O.M.G.)
(That would be so ironic XDDDDD)
Kion sighed, trying now to focus on something else. Anything else. His thoughts focused on... Way back, before the whole thing with Lucifer. Back when things were happy and cheerful. Back when he didn't have to fake a smile, force a laugh. Back when he didn't jerk awake from a nightmare, gasping, trying not to scream out, not wanting to wake his family. Back when he wasn't afraid. Afraid of tigers. Afraid of the desert. Afraid of his family. Afraid of himself. Back when he could trust and he wasn't afraid to. Back when he didn't feel like he had to guard himself from the world in order to stay safe from the bad things. Back when he could see the good things. Those days... He missed those days. Playing baobab ball with Bunga. Enjoying free time with his siblings. Fighting off enemies with the Guard. Going on adventures with Chaka. Kion didn't go on adventures anymore. He didn't venture beyond the borders of the Pridelands. Not even to go visit Chaka's Empire. Not anymore. He couldn't bring himself to leave his home. He felt... Somewhat safe in the Pridelands. He just wished he'd felt like that before...

The cub shook his head, as if it would erase the memories, erase the past, and stopped walking. They were there now, back at Pride Rock, back home, and his flattened ears slowly pricked up, feeling relief rush through him. "We're here." He murmured, closing his eyes for a second before opening them again, gesturing for Atazi to follow before leading the way up the slope to go inside.

##

"Important?" Kiara echoed the other cub, looking somewhat doubtful as she studied Claire. She couldn't bring herself to trust the lioness cub. Not... Yet. She just seemed so off. Not evil, but not exactly good. Like something in between. But Kiara couldn't quite place it just yet. And she certainly was hesitant to allow this cub near her brother. After all, Kiara was quite protective of her siblings. What did this girl want with Kion? "What is it?"

Claire narrowed her eyes ever so slightly as she met Kiara's gaze. She could see the clear distrust in her eyes, and it made her want to chuckle, amusement suddenly flaring up in her purple eyes as her head tilted faintly, eyebrows furrowing. Ah. Protective big sister, eh? Sweet and all but.. Kion doesn't need her protection. At least not from me. She and Kion had their differences - Boy, did they have their differences. But in the end they were pretty much the same. In the end they both ended up on the same team. Yet, somehow, on different teams. Their whole relationship confused Claire. And they weren't even friends. But they weren't enemies. They were... Acquaintances. Allies. "Look, Princess - I don't know if you know who Lucifer is," She paused, raising an eyebrow before speaking again. "No? Okay, well he's a tiger. And, Kion and him have some history. Basically, he's dead, and I feel like Kion would like to know." Her tail twitched almost irritably, and her muzzle lowered faintly. "So, can I speak with him or not?"

Kiara didn't really know what to think about this. Lucifer? Who in Mufasa's name is Lucifer? She wondered. Kion had certainly never mentioned a tiger named Lucifer. And they had history? How can that be? Kion hated tigers. The few times she'd seen her brother come in contact with a tiger, it never ended well. Kion would freeze, then he'd start growling, and go into this frenzy-like state. Kiara didn't really know what set him off with them. She asked, but Kion never gave her an answer. He changed the subject, he shrugged, sometimes he just turned around and walked away from her. Kiara had long since given up trying to understand and she was sure her family had, too. The only thing they could do was just make sure to keep him away from tigers. "Oh." She mumbled, narrowing her eyes faintly before shaking her head. "I.. Uh.. Sure. I can take you to Pride Rock or, something.. I don't know if he'll be there, but you can stay and wait for him if you want."

"Great."
Claire mused, a small smirk tugging at her lips. "Thank you. Lead the way, Princess." She heard a sigh, and only flicked her ears in acknowledgement at the soft "Follow me" that Kiara gave. She watched the Princess head off but stayed where she was for a moment. Then, slowly, she moved to follow, but not before casting one last glance over her shoulder toward the desert. Then she took a deep breath, straightened up, and turned ahead to follow Kiara, head raised confidently.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust

Last edited by Random Melody; January 17th, 2018 at 05:10 PM.