View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2018, 05:39 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Lion Guard Redux [Private]

(Aw yay XD)
Kion blinked when Atazi came to his side, and he stopped walking for a second, casting a glance toward her silently. His mouth snapped shut when she spoke, seeming very uneasy, but he nodded slowly. "Alright." He mumbled simply, shaking out his fur as Atazi padded inside. He wasn't one hundred percent sure what she wanted to talk about but he had a pretty good guess. The Sabers... Maybe something about her daughter. If she wants my help, Kion thought, his heart quickening just slightly. She's come to the wrong lion. I can't... I...

"You okay?" Bunga was beside him now, a hand on the cub's shoulder once more, looking beyond concerned as he stared up at his best friend. Kion had just stopped acting weird. When he first came back from wherever he had been before, he was jumpy and nervous and always so lost in thought. But that had slowly began to slip away in time, and he was just now starting to act a little bit normal. But now this lioness was here and Kion was acting... Strange again. Bunga just didn't understand.

"What?" Kion snapped out of his trance instantly, pausing to glance at Bunga briefly before shrugging, moving away slightly. "Yeah, I'm fine." He cleared his throat, then flicked his tail over Bunga's head when the honey badger opened his mouth again, the lion cub just wanting to change the subject. "So, you wanna get back to our patrol?" He asked, turning to head back down, but something off in the distance caught his attention. He narrowed his eyes. He was able to make out the pale brown pelt of his sister... And a darker brown pelt of another lioness beside her. Anyone else wouldn't have known, even if they knew Claire. But Kion knew. Kion could see it - The way the lioness carried herself, shoulders tense, head high, muzzle pointed forward, tense and ready for anything. Kion's mouth opened and for a second all he could do was stare in shock as the two approached. He didn't know how to feel about this. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe it wasn't Claire.

But then purple eyes met his and everything fell, yet lifted at the same time. Kion didn't need any more of a confirmation. The half-cold, half-warm purple gaze that held his was enough. Claire. "Mother of Mufasa, I don't believe it..."

##

Lilliana was curled up inside Pride Rock, her head resting on her paws and her ice blue eyes staring ahead absently. She didn't move when Atazi entered, but her ice blue gaze drifted toward the lioness, one eyebrow raising silently. Lilliana was young, but she was intelligent for her age. And she most definitely knew everybody in her Pride, and this girl was unfamiliar. The cub's nose twitched, watching silently as Atazi headed over toward the remains of the zebra, and she finally shifted a little to lean slightly to one side, staring at Atazi intently. "Hello,"

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust