View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2017, 02:32 PM
It's a double rainbow

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Series and Movies Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
I guess I hate it cause I'm sick of hearing about it...it's all my friends ever go on about and when I say anything bad about it or don't understand something, they yell at me...and I think it's a bit over rated to be honest...not a fan of K-pop either...I mean I have nothing against Japan...
Wow, um ... I mean, I had friends who kept on talking about anime (and vocaloids, though I liked -still like- vocaloids) but they actually were nice to me about things I didn't understand at the time, or when I said something was not my cup of tea, or plain stupid ...

And, yeah, anime can be seen as overrated when you have nitpicks everywhere saying "It's an anime ! Not a cartoon !" or downvoting anything that is animated, but not anime, because it's "not japanese so it is automatically bad." ... though they are rare cases.
After all, each and every thing in the world has its worse people ...
Oh, and, do your friends know about ProZD ? He is actually an "otaku", or so I think, but some of his skits make jabs at flawed and/or overused anime tropes, and it's hilarious. I wonder if your friends would yell at him too ...

As for me, I still haven't listened to K-Pop as I'm not interested, but that same friend that introduced me to "modern" anime does.
I know there's a group called BTS, and their fanbase is at constant war with another group's fanbase, though that's the only thing I got from that so far x)

Last edited by PeaFlower; December 6th, 2017 at 02:33 PM.