View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2017, 03:09 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The tom's head shot up in shock and half-fear. Was she calling him right then? Right before he was about to leave? He couldn't so much as look at the ginger feline. He didn't want to see the expression on her face when she realized he was leaving. He didn't want to see that she hadn't even taken care of herself yet because she was so woried about him. He didn't want to see the concern in her hues, or hear the panic in her voice. But he could hear it. And he could feel her concern. He could tell she was confused. And, even just knowing her for a short while, he knew she hadn't taken care of herself. All of this without looking at her. His own hues remained looking down at the ground, trying to figure out how to break it to her calmly.

"To the Dusk Syndicate. I was planning on leaving today, thought I would get an early start."
He managed to make the words sound calm and careless. As though he were just going for an early morning walk... which technically, that was true. And Obsidian still avoided her gaze. Silence stretched on for a few moments before he continued. "I'm sorry I took the prey. Probably should have left it. If you want, I'll get you some more." Even while saying the words he knew she wouldn't care about that. But he was trying to figure out things to say to avoid the subject that he knew would come up.

That she cared. That she was worried. He already understood that she really didn't seem to want him to go. If she could, she would probably have her company stay here forever. But he wasn't the type of cat to stay in one place. Obsidian was a wanderer. He had always been a wanderer. This should have been understood from day one, when he came into her territory. She should have known that he was leaving soon. So then, why did she seem so confused? Was it because he hadn't given her an exact date? "If there's anything I can do for you to thank you for your hospitality, let me know." He really did want to thank her. To show her how much he appreciated it.

But he wouldn't stay. That was probably what she wanted, and it made Obsidian furious to think that the one thing she wanted to have, he couldn't give her. The one thing that she was asking for... he was going to have to deny it. Look her in the eye and say 'no.' How was he supposed to do that? The last thing he wanted was to see the constantly cheerful, friendly light in Calia's hues go out. She was such a special feline. But, he knew that he needed to move on. Attachment was bad. Attachment was horrible. So he needed to get out of there before he managed to get closer to the ginger cat.

(this is sooooo sad </3
all the feels)
[ it hurts, six pages of cuteness & now its all over... for now ;3 ]

Calia hated that Obsidian wouldn't look at her, although she somewhat understood just why the tomcat refused to meet her eye. She highly doubted she would be able to look at the cat who nursed her for a few days while attempting to leave. However, she couldn't just nod and smile and accept that the cat she seemed to quickly grow attached to was leaving without a word. All the while he spoke, Calia listened silently, her wide-eyed gaze on the ground before her as she tried to absorb what she was being told.

Finally, everything went silent, and it stayed that way for the next few moments as Calia worked out what to say. She shuffled forward, her paws warming up against the ground as she inched closer to Obsidian. She remained silent as she moved, her gaze remaining locked on the ground before her. She came to a halt beside Obsidian, her chest heaving slightly with every quiet breath. Calia looked over at the tomcat, her head barely moving as she glanced at him via the corner of her eye.

After a deep inhale and a shaky exhale, Calia spoke, her tail-tip waving slightly. ``I don't expect any prey in return - you caught it, remember? It was yours. Besides, I'd give you fresh-kill willingly, okay? Don't you know me just a little by now? I'd offer a cat my last breath just so they'd live a moment longer.`` Calia purred softly, gently rocking back on her haunches. She curled her bushy tail around her forepaws, finding comfort in the warmth it offered her feet. She continued to look at Obsidian from the corner of her eye. ``And I'd normally say I don't need anything in return for my hospitality. But I've decided to be selfish just this once. As a sign of your appreciation, promise me you will be careful. Like I said, the Syndicate is a dangerously cruel place.`` She shook her head in both a saddening and disapproving way as she spoke of the Syndicate. Oh, how she despised that place!