Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2024, 11:46 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: The Starcave

The ragdoll was silent as Dusk struggled for words, and before everything… Bird would’ve hugged her. Cried with her. Apologized. Done anything just to stop the tears. But these tears were necessary. With tears came acceptance. Once Dusklion accepted that she wouldn’t be deputy at this moment, she’d be more at peace. Bird had wanted to be a medicine cat once. Not once. Multiple times. She had watched cats do what she secretly desired to, and every time she didn’t get picked, it felt like an insult, like a kick to the gut. Like she was being told she wasn’t worthy. She got over it. Eventually.

So she let Dusk find the words, her broken inner child screaming with empathy but her face remaining still, only a slight dance of sadness and restraint behind her eyes showing that she wasn’t as stern as she seemed.

”You didn’t do anything wrong, Dusklion. His gain is not your lack. You’re an amazing warrior and cat and I’m honored to have you as my Head Lionheart, and I know you’re going to do even more impressive things in the near future.” Just not as deputy. Not right now. She didn’t even know what factor had placed Fadingsun slightly higher than Dusklion on the chart. She couldn’t put her paw on it, and she knew that Dusk might want an explanation, but Bird felt like she needed to understand it herself first.

Hearing Dusk speak further, she winced at the raw emotion, feeling her heart ache for the younger cat. She and Fading had come to the Clan recently and had done great things.

”I’m not going to remove you from your position.” She murmured softly after Dusklion was finished. ”I’d be a fool for demoting you over something like that. You earned it, and anyone who can’t see that is an idiot.” Secretly, she was relieved that Dusk was coming; sometimes she was okay, but other times, Birdsnow was just a little girl who was afraid of the evil that lurked in the undergrowth. A little cat being afraid of being alone; or rather… afraid of being alone with someone dangerous.

Luckily, she wasn’t sure if Dusk had heard about any of what had happened to her so the relief and shadows of memories that crossed her face would probably just be a little confusing if the Lionheart noticed. ”Thank you… I’m glad you’re coming.” Her throat was oddly clenched, so she just nodded slowly and began to walk, making sure Dusk was coming as she padded away towards the StarCave.

---------------

Silently entering the cave, she had some strange form of tunnel vision for the stone in front of her, anxiousness keeping her from looking around in wonder. Now or never, she supposed. She was a few moons late to do this, trying to keep a stable hold on the Clan had taken up most of her time as well as healing from the battle, but the ragdoll was ready now. Not ready, no. She was here now. And Bird would do this, whether she was terrified or not.

// @taillow @Starfall - hi star remember me, i’m here for magpie if ur still down <3