View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2018, 02:22 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Satisfaction rolled over Cherrypaw like a wave. Her lips curved into a smile. She'd done it! Well, she'd avoided Blazingcomet's attack, that is. Her pride must have seemed exaggerated to any other cat, but Cherrypaw felt like she'd won a battle against the entirety of another Clan. Being small and having training battles as her only experience, the white she-cat was at a disadvantage against her fully trained and experienced mentor. Additionally, Blazingcomet was bigger and stronger than his apprentice by far. Cherrypaw thought that meeting his challenge would be impossible, but she manage to turn this around in her favor, even if it was for a few heartbeats. When the apprentice broke out from under the ginger tom's body, she whipped around, almost ready to pounce on the tom. She imagined herself perfectly, pouncing on his back and wrapping her paws around him so he wouldn't be able to shake her off. But she was getting ahead of herself. That wasn't the point of the training and Cherrypaw probably wouldn't have been able to pull it off anyways.

The blue-eyed apprentice smiled happily at her mentor's praise, letting her guard down for a heartbeat. It was pretty good, wasn't it? The ginger tom had purred his words, which made Cherrypaw feel even better about her accomplishment. "Thanks," The she-cat meowed in return. Blazingcomet's approval meant more to Cherrypaw than she thought that he knew. She knew that she was a little annoying sometimes, but she appreciated her mentors effort whenever he was training with her. She loved it when her mentor seemed to care about her training. That alone was more than other cats offered.

Cherrypaw was caught half- off guard when she saw the ginger tom hurl his body in her direction. She should have expected it. Figuring that she'd rather try to fall out of the way than let herself get caught, Cherrypaw let herself fall- in the most ungraceful way- to her right. Her shoulder slammed onto the ground and her paws temporarily rose into the air before they too fell to the ground. "Hey!" She wrinkled her nose, flicking her snowy white tail against the ground.
Panting a little, the orange warrior pinned the snow-white apprentice down to the ground. "Best... not to get... overconfident," He mewed, gulping in a fresh breath. The air was cold and crisp and stung his throat as he breathed, but he was semi-proud of himself. It was just in Blazingcomet's nature to be proud when he won a fight, whether that fight was against a warrior, or a small, young apprentice. Whether it was a spar or a true battle, Blazingcomet was going to be proud when he won. Golden eyes gleaming, he climbed off of the younger cat so that she could get up. He was panting more out of being worked up then true exhaustion, thinking about Drizzleshard and Petal and all of the drama surrounding his life was really taking it out of him. Maybe someday, when Cherrypaw was older, she would understand what it was like to have that kind of annoying thing in her life. Right now, it would be harder for her to understand.

Love was complicated, and Blazingcomet's heart was apparently more fickle then he had originally thought. It sickened him whenever he thought about Drizzleshard, so thrilled to have him as a mate, building her life with him and then all of a sudden, some pretty kittypet had come waltzing in and was stealing him away. Had stolen him away, the orange tom had to admit that she was quite a bit fiestier then most kittypets... though she still was as sweet and gorgeous as a rose. A yellow rose. A pretty petal, just like her name suggested. The tom wondered how hard it would be to convince her to run away with him; leave her home behind and join SkyClan with him, build a new life there... but he was getting way ahead of himself.

Drizzleshard would not be happy with him at all for thinking about that type of thing. The tom managed to calm himself down, solely for the focus of the task at hand. "Now then, let's try something else. We'll be coming back to this in a little bit, but this time, I want you to focus on attacking me. Don't think about trying to stop me right now, because I'm just going to be standing here in a defense position. You come at me and do your best to take me down." The tom instructed, his golden eyes gleaming as he watched her. He knew these exercises could get boring after a while, but when she was ready... he would teach her how to combine the two to make for a powerful force in battle.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.