View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2017, 02:32 PM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Halfgaze noticed through her peripheral vision that Goldenstar had followed her gaze and was now too looking at the cats in the clearing. He must have been very proud of the clan, Halfgaze knew, but also very worried. It was a leader's job to worry, but he had become leader in the middle of a crisis only a few days ago. Surely that would stress out any cat even more than the regular leader duties. As Goldenstar responded to her inquiry, Halfgaze turned her eyes on him with a frown, regretting the question. Obviously it must have been hard on the young leader. At his question, Halfgaze thought for a moment. She had had an idea earlier, and recalled it swiftly, relating it to the leader with a nod. "I thought perhaps we could ask Riverclan to teach some of our warriors basic swimming. Not enough to invade them, but enough that if this should happen again, our clan will be better prepared. Or perhaps we could find some other cat to teach us, if you think Riverclan would not be willing." Halfgaze doubted the other clan would be comfortable with assisting Shadowclan with knowledge the clan could use against them, she knew that she wouldn't want to do that for Riverclan if they asked. However, the tortoiseshell felt strongly that some Shadowclanners needed to know how to swim in order to save as many cats as possible in the next flood.
Goldenstar nodded once, thinking about what the deputy had said. “I don’t know exactly how Halestar’s interaction with Russetstar went when she asked for us to take shelter in their clan, but, I don’t know if they could be willing to do this,” He shrugged. “However, it is a good idea,” he admitted, “I’ll ask Russetstar about it at the next gathering,” he finished, nodding to himself. He had to wonder what the other leader’s response would be, a little nervous on what it might be. It could be no, however, it could be yes as well. However, he would just have to wait for awhile. “We could try to learn ourselves,” he murmured, before realizing what a stupid idea that was, his pelt heating up as he did so. “We’ll See,” he finished after a moment, still embarrassed.