View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2017, 01:13 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

The ginger feline wanted to bite back at the medicine cat's words. But she held her tongue. She knew that what she said could be used against her when it came time for her grandmother to talk about her behavior. And Foxpaw hated when Springingsky tried to give her proper behavior etiquette. In that moment, Foxpaw realized she was being rude for no reason. Caliapaw had done nothing wrong, why was she snapping at her? It's Springinsky who deserves my bad attitude. "Sorry. I'm just kinda upset with someone." Foxpaw mumbled, hoping her explanation was enough for the other she-cat.

As Caliapaw spoke once more, Foxpaw let her own eyes rake across her ginger pelt. She didn't see anything too terrible about the scratches, they were just scratches after all. All warriors had them, right? "I was patched up after the battle, but very quickly. I guess then I just forgot that I should have them thoroughly looked over." Foxpaw kept her tone even, careful not to allow herself to snap at Caliapaw again. Even in her angered state, the apprentice hated talking to cats in a tone that they did nothing to deserve. She liked being fair. "I honestly don't think I'd get anywhere if I lived in my own, my brain is too full of other things." She joked, swishing her bushy tail in amusement at her own little joke. Of course, at this stage in her life, it was natural for her to go from being rude and stand-offish the playful and kit-like.

"What have I been doing?" Foxpaw repeated her question, looking at her shoulder wound with curiosity. She had thought something was wrong with it, but never really acknowledged the fact that it could be pretty bad. "Uhh, well trying to train myself for one. My mentor isn't around much anymore." She looked up from her wound to Caliapaw, watching as the other young cat went to get something. When she came back with a weird, root looking thing, Foxpaw's ears twitched. Her orange eyes studied every detail of the plant, taking it in bit by bit. As Caliapaw began to chew up the root, Foxpaw couldn't help but grimace. She would never want a plant to be in her mouth, that was just disgusting! Foxpaw barley registered Caliapaw's statement before a quick flare of pain entered her shoulder. The apprentice winced, but stayed as still as she could, digging her claws into the ground below. "Does every herb make your wounds hurt? What's the point of them then? I thought they were supposed to make you feel better!?" Her voice was not accusing, but more upset, like she was disappointed with the plants used to heal.
"Hm." That was Caliapaw's only response to Foxpaw's joke as she examined the she cat, her eyes narrowed. She didn't seem to have much of a reaction to anything else until Foxpaw's upset remark when she planted the chewed herb on the injured shoulder. "Well, it probably wouldn't hurt as much if you took care of yourself. Training yourself, are you crazy?" She hissed angrily, her ears going back. It wasn't much of her concern if Foxpaw hurt herself, but she definitely had a problem with cats acting like they were so tough. They didn't need to act tough. What they needed to do was take care of themselves so that the Clan had competent cats taking care of it. "You won't be doing any training for a few days, though. You are going to rest and stay off that shoulder."

Her eyes narrowed, and she examined Foxpaw. She was pretty sure she couldn't trust the apprentice just to "stay off it" if she let her go free. Is this what Wheatfur would do... or tell me to do? That was all she could think of, was what her former mentor would have done in this situation. She was still desperate to prove herself, desperate to make him proud, and she so badly wanted to make sure that she was doing the right thing. If only Wheatfur had a way of telling her that she was - but she hadn't seen him in her dreams, and now Caliapaw was worried that he just wasn't going to talk to her. Maybe he was angry with her. Maybe StarClan wasn't letting him. Either way, she was on her own for the moment being.

"And to make sure you stay off it, you're going to be staying here. I don't think I can trust you right now." Caliapaw already didn't trust cats very easily, but when it came to things like this, it wasn't a matter of personal trust - it was professional trust. There was a difference, after all. Regardless of whether Caliapaw trusted Foxpaw personally or not wasn't relevant here, she was pretty sure that the apprentice would give her word then turn around and go out and "train herself" again. "Maybe next time you won't try training yourselfand making it worse, yeah?" The she cat mewed, her expression stern and dark as she looked over Foxpaw.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.