View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad King View Post
@Charmer

"You should get used to it," came the voice of a tom as he emerged from the surrounding brush. He walked with a limp, putting more weight on his left hind-leg with each step. "Being a medicine cat requires you to have these nightmares when you least want them. You don't have to be dead to get 'em."

The tom in question was the color of gold ore, with eyes that matched his pelt. His body was littered with scars, a particularly long one running from the blade of his left shoulder to his flank. He was fairly stocky, well-built for combat though his damaged leg made it evident he was no longer able to maintain the duties of a warrior. The deciding factor that made him take the path of a medicine cat, single-pawedly stripping away his dreams of being one of ShadowClan's best warriors.

His dark gaze was set on the living male. "To be blunt, I'm not sure why they sent me to you instead of directing you to the scrawny WindClan healer or the blind ThunderClan elder. I imagine they would be able to assist you with everything you need to know long-term, but unfortunately for us both our ancestors aren't competent in the slightest."
Shinefang heard a voice a the faint rustle of leaves as a tom emerged. As he studied the cat he flicked one of his shredded ears. It seems some cat beat me to it, he thought to himself. The cat had a pelt color very close to his own, also scarred up like a cat who had seen more than his fair share of bloody battles. He was limping too, an old injury from the way he walked without wincing. He had one more eye than Shinefang though. Lucky him. The Skyclan medicine cat turned to face the newcomer and feigned a glance to either side as if confirming where he was. "I hate to tell you this, Sparklepelt, when you're living in the sky, Starclan stops being a they and starts being a you. Still, I guess it beats the alternative, right?" Shinefang let his tail swish casually behind him. "Since you're talking about other medicine cats, and incompetent, sparkly, foxhearts not having me talk to them. I'm guessing you must be a medicine cat yourself."