Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2017, 11:03 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Juniperpaw realized that Geckoleaf had noticed her moment of disappointment, and she found herself wishing her mentor had not taken note. Guilt flooded her for feeling the way she had been feeling when Geckoleaf was suffering from something much worse - grief. Juniperpaw listened to the older feline carefully, ears erect and gazing into her mentor's gentle blue eyes. She was aware of what happened to both of the former medicine cat apprentices; most would say the RiverClan medicine cat apprentices just had very bad luck. But Juniperpaw didn't believe in luck or fate, as she believed everybody created their own luck and everyone was in control of their own lives. This is why she was going to prove everyone wrong - Juniperpaw would succeed Geckoleaf, and it would be because she worked for it, and not because luck was on her side.

She adjusted her posture confidently, straightening her spine and raising her head. Juniperpaw's eyes were narrowed with determination, and she also displayed Geckoleaf an equally-determined curl of the lips. ``Of course I am! I wouldn't be here if I weren't. And I just wanted to say that I'll always be here. You won't lose me, Geckoleaf. Now, let's do this.`` She playfully nudged her mentor's shoulder before looking to the stone in front of them through excitement-lit eyes.
No matter how much Juniperpaw tried to hide it, Geckoleaf could see the carefully concealed waves of guilt and determination rushing through her. Lips pressing into a thin line, the fiery tabby forced herself to abstain from crying; she felt intensely sad that her apprentice's first steps into the world of medicine would not be as magical and exciting as Geckoleaf's were. Even the gentle shoulder-bump felt fake, forced; whether or not it actually was, it felt sad and remorse. She swallowed slightly and turned back towards the crystal. It was shining and beautiful; she was always shocked by the purity of it. The gentle glow had turned both of them a faded color, even looking ethereal.

Geckoleaf cleared her throat, and began speaking; "Juniperpaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat? (It is.) Then come forward. Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. She has come to chose the path of a medicine cat, and all that that entails. Juniperpaw wishes to understand the art of healing and medicine. Please, grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will. Allow her the foresight to discern how to best treat the patients she encounters. And mostly... allow her safety in all things." The last sentence was uttered very softly; it was the one thing she most desired for.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending