View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2018, 07:27 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The tom's eyes widened a little in surprise, but he gently wrapped his tail around Fawnskip as she nestled against him. Sagewhisker and Canineheart had never acted like this with him, this was something much different then he was used to. It was... good, if he dared to admit it. Like she was intoxicating him with her sweet words and her pretty looks and her personality, and Obsidiansky wondered if there was a way to have a future. He had almost been punishing himself for what had happened to Heatherbreeze - and perhaps it was time to stop. To let go of the past and move on to the future. He wasn't sure that he was ready to move on from the past that he was holding onto so tightly, but perhaps it wasn't a bad thing to let go of it. Maybe it would be a good thing to let go and move on.

Perhaps someday he would be really ready to let go and find a new future, but for now, he was going to try and think of what to do next. "I'm glad you like it," The dark tom mewed with a smile that looked like it could have melted even a stone-cold heart. Now that he felt more at ease, he was determined to have Fawnskip be a closer friend. She seemed like she was the type of cat who would stick with him. A friend that he would want to keep for a while. Her next words caught him off guard, and the tom flinched a little at hearing them. Calm down. This doesn't mean you have to move on right now. Obsidiansky tried to think of what to say, his mind racing furiously for just a few minutes. "I think pretty highly of you too," The feline mewed in a flustered manner.

Too bad he wasn't more confident and flirtatious in these situations. It would be so much easier if he were. That was the type of tom who normally ended up with she cats liking him. But Obsidiansky's romantic problems had started from friendship, so perhaps the type of cats he really liked were those who were willing to be patient with him. Patience was definitely key, even though he probably wasn't the most patient cat in the world either. "Sorry, I'm just... when someone says that, it kind of sets off a defense mechanism..." Either that or he would feign ignorance. But the fact that he wasn't moving away showed, deep down, that he really didn't mind. Maybe he was glad to have Fawnskip there. Maybe he was getting ready to let go of the past and have a future.
Fawnskip was actually quite amused by both of Obsidiansky's reactions. Was he being so gentle because he hadn't quite yet adjusted to treatment like this? Or was it because he feared that if he touched her too hard she'd break? The thought of him being afraid to hurt her was just laughable. He should be afraid that she'd hurt him, though she was pretty sure he was already fearful of that. Really, though, Fawnskip was sure his actions were slow and hesitant because he'd never, or not in a long time, shared a moment such as the one they currently experienced. She'd forgotten about Sagewhisker and Canineheart, she'd forgotten about Blazingstar and Rosethorn, she'd forgotten about Obsidiansky's secret history with the mysterious she-cat, and it was only her and Obsidiansky. The only question was if her forgetting about everything else except Obsidiansky was friendly or something more? Even Fawnskip wasn't sure of the answer.

She actually laughed at Obsidiansky's response, pulling away from him to better look at him. Fawnskip saw he was really unnerved by her statement, and she felt her lips curve into an playful smile. ``Don't you worry, Obsidiansky. I'm just happy you think pretty highly of me,`` Fawnskip purred teasingly before adding in a slightly more serious yet lighthearted tone, ``I'm afraid I have a bold streak in me. I lack the ability to hold back.`` She, many times before, had run her mouth and sometimes it cost her. Like every time she was with Blazingstar, she was always pushing the limit by speaking to him as if he weren't her superior. One time, he snapped back and they'd quarreled. But Obsidiansky wouldn't snap at her, she was sure of it. Obsidiansky would not quarrel with her - because he was calm and collected or because he wasn't confident enough to pick a fight with her? Whatever the case, she knew Obsidiansky would never raise his voice to her, never bristle angrily in her presence, and would most definitely never lash out at her. Fawnskip trusted Obsidiansky.

``Which is why it's so easy for me to do this!`` Fawnskip ended with a playful growl, launching herself at Obsidiansky. She intended to push him onto his back before rolling of him where they could lie down side-by-side and stare at the sky, talking about whatever topic came to them. Fawnskip pictured the event perfectly in her mind.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; January 9th, 2018 at 07:28 PM.