View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2018, 09:53 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan | RiverClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post

Shiverlight raised her chin with a growl, she could see how confused he was and to be completely honest it made her feel powerful to bend his emotions. Despite how badly she had treated him, how she had yelled at him, how she had even lashed out and clawed him the one time. A shiver went down the she cats spine and her face became a look of discomfort. I miss those days. she shook her head dismissively, this wasn't meant to be no matter how much she wanted it to be so. She could always just tuck her tail between her legs and pin her wars and beg him, but with the odds he would laugh and most likely leave her on the border with kits she didn't want. Her ears pinned nervously to the back of her head before she let out s long sigh of utter defeat. Charmepelt couldn't possibly know how much they this whole night hurt her. It hurt the same for him if not more than she had done such things. That she had lost him.

She glanced at him after looking sideways at the ground. Swallowing up the pride she had within her and glared at him with raw emotion and hurt despite his voice and stature being so... Stern and stoic. Almost as if his emotion was dead. "Do you remember when I told you- I told you I didn't wanna be with this Tom?" she asked simply her eyes blazing with hurt but her body looking stiff and puffed up as if she where about to be attacked any second. "You may think I had abandon you" she paused trying to contain the hurt that had worn for up in her words swallowing painfully and looking to the Sid E longingly again, "it was never true. I thought that if- if I was normal that I could just... Forget about breaking the rules" she said "stop looking so suspicious..." she said instead of answering his first question, there was really no way of putting a bandage on this whole wound. No way of concealing the hurt that was between the two of them. No way to just bury the hatchet and forget it ever happened.

She had been trying her hardest not to act the way she had always been with charmeplt, trying to push down a horrid up insult she was just that close to spitting at him any second now. So she curled her tail and dig her claws into the snow feeling it start to melt beneath her paws as she pressed down harder and harder each passing moment. "What if that's NOT how the story goes?!" she asked defiantly her voice coming across as more of a threat than it was a question. She stood on impulse digging her claws further into the snow. This whole situation had tunred on her, instead she was trying to get him instead of how it always used to be. "What if? This isn't how things are supposed to be... There's more to it than you think. You may believe I'm so low by doing that but it was saving us!" she snapped her tail now flicking eagerly.

Did he remember that? Yes, of course he did. Charmpelt could remember her lies quite well. But the fact that she thought he was going to fall for them again was laughable. How dare she think he was so stupid? He was much smarter then that now, and knew that she was trying to hurt him again. Except, she couldn't have the opportunity, because he knew how to avoid getting hurt this time. "Oh, love..." His voice trailed off on the word, sounding almost pitying as he leaned forward for a moment, his nose nearly across the border, his whiskers quivering with anger now, any sign that he had previously been emotionless now gone from his body. "Of course I remember." The words were murmured so tenderly, so condescendingly, that he wasn't quite sure it was even him speaking anymore. It didn't sound like him. This wasn't Charmpelt at all, but it was now... now he was different. Now he felt like he was stronger, better, somehow.

"I remember your lies, and you leading me on... it's funny, really! Here I was thinking I was the winner in all of this, but you're such a good ShadowClanner that you found a way to beat me at my own game! So again... job well done, Shiverlight." Charmpelt mewed, his tail twitching back and forth, his voice growing more and more agitated and out of that tender state the more he spoke and he jerked back on the last word, leaving it in a snarl. He couldn't believe this. Here he was, thinking that perhaps he could actually just walk away without more pain, but she was rubbing it in! There was no way that she would be with a tom she didn't at least have some feelings for! Shiverlight? The hard-headed, venemous molly that he had fallen for? If she were the same cat, there was no way that she would have done this. She was too smart to be tricked, and she was too strong-willed to be blackmailed. There was no way that she hadn't - that she didn't - love this cat at all.

The tom almost wanted to laugh when she challenged his perception of the story. Did she seriously think that they could fix this? Did she honestly believe that things could go back to the way that they were, that they could even be seen together again? Charmpelt knew he had gotten too close, and that was how he had messed things up. "Oh, but it is how our story goes. You want to hear it?" He asked, getting ready to go into another rant, but stopping abruptly at her final words. She was saving them? "But you didn't save us. You destroyed us." Now the anger was replaced with heartache, stronger, back as it had been before. And it hurt more then anything else Charmpelt had ever experienced.

"You want to know what you did to me, Shiverlight? You broke my heart. I thought you were going to fall for me, I thought this was going to be over as soon as I got you to fall for me, but I was wrong. You know what else you did? You made me do something I haven't done in... moons. You made me fall in love. I don't know what's worse, ShadowClanner - knowing you have love, but that the other might not feel the same way... or knowing that they do - did - but that you can never be together. What do you think, hm?"

Charmpelt knew their story was almost over. This was how it ended. It was supposed to be the popular guy got the pretty girl. It was supposed to have been the forbidden romance that lasted forever, that ended in perfection. And it was supposed to be the love story of the century. But that wasn't how their story was going to end, oh no. Instead it was how too many stories ended... with heartbreak, and betrayal, and a gut-wrenching sadness that came from deep within the other cat. That was how their story was to end. And Charmpelt just didn't know why he hadn't seen it all along.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.