View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2024, 02:57 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Starry Meadow

Firestorm

Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Burn Baby Burn

For once, Firestorm had a lot on her mind. A sense of unease kept her awake when she should have been sleeping, and as a result, she took the opportunity to sneak away from her sleeping mate and out of the camp. She prayed to the stars above that Lightningstorm wouldn’t wake up in the middle of the night, or have some sort of horrible nightmare. Dammit… was it really okay to be out here? She was grown enough, sure, but she knew that Spots would be worried sick if she woke up and not only was the orange tabby (who usually slept in) not beside her, but no where wihtin camp too…

The worried feeling coupled with her sickness feeling was enough to make her… She threw up. She hadn’t yet reached her destination, but some ways outside of camp, she emptied her stomach’s contents (or lack thereof) all over the moorland ground. It was brutal – this feeling, but she would tough it out regardless. She had to, after all. Though she found a new hatred for throwing up, she knew that it was just a sign that the kits inside her were growing up to be healthy and strong. Taking a moment to wipe her mouth with a paw, she pressed onward.

It was nearing dawn, so she knew her time was limited. She thought that it’d be a quick and easy walk, however, her paws had a different idea, leading her forward to a place she wasn’t too familiar with. When she finally arrived, she allowed herself a moment to take in the scenery. She hadn’t yet been to this landmark, however, she could only assume that this was ‘Starry Meadows’.

As the tabby traversed the fields that held the clan’s dead, she couldn’t help but wonder if somewhere at Junper’s Rest, her grandfather, or even her mother had been laid to rest. She hadn’t met the former during his life time, and her mother had been departed when she was much too young to remember any of the finer details, It made her a bit sad when she thought about it. Milknose had promised to take her there when they were old enough to leave camp, and he never did. Now not only did she not have her best friend with her, but she also loft all of her family behind in the fire.

Well… Now she was getting ready to start a new chapter of her life, in a new camp, with a new family. Perhaps things would work out this time around. Speaking of a new family though, she noticed the body of a cat that was all too familiar on the ground. Oh great StarClan, Birdie couldn’t be dead! Hurriedly, the orange tabby rushed over to the older warrior (a mistake, she felt like she was going to vomit again) and looked over her with a sense of urgency. Cowtuft hadn’t taught her how to revive a cat that wasn’t breathing! Crap crap crap! What was she going to do? What would she tell Aunty Dapple? What was sh- oh. Birdie was still alive, just sleepy.

Unsure of what to do, Firestorm laid down next to the splotched-warrior, attempting to press herself against her to keep her warm. She couldn’t very well just leave her out in the cold now, could she!? Taking a deep breath, she draped her tail over the other warrior and tried to focus on her own breathing.

In and out… In and out…

A bit of concentration was required as she fought the bile that threatened to rise up within her throat. She definitely did not want to get sick all over one of the warriors she admired so much.

”You know what…?” Firestorm mewed at last, knowing that it was unlikely that Bravebird could even hear her. ”I think you’re pretty cool, Birdie. I know I was upset with you before, but you’re still one of the best. I wanna be like you when I’m older,” She said softly, (presumably) absent-mindedly brushing her tail across her companion's back. It was the truth, even if she said it partly to comfort the white and grey she-cat, she meant every word that she said. Bravebird was one of the coolest warriors in the clan, so strong and able to handle herself. A lot unlike what Firestorm currently was, and it kind of bothered her to be honest. Bravebird was the kind of cat she envisioned herself to be older. One fully dedicated to her clan and willing to do anything to see things get better.

”I hope you’re okay~”

[ @tally you said the lass could join, so here you go ]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here