My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC
"Keep your head up! You need to look at the world around you!"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

(Quickly slides post under the door. Runs.)

Marigoldkit thought for a moment. What would she name Minkpaw if given the chance? She wasn't really sure what a mink was, so that was already a pretty bad starting point.

"Minkspark? Minkhowl? Minkdart? Minkpool? Minkfoot?" She droned on, finding it easier to trace the moss that crawled along the den than meet Minkpaw's eyes. "Minksight? Minkshiver? Minkbite? Ooooo, I like that last one, sounds intimidating. Minkscorn maybe? But haven't seen a single unpleasant look on your face, certainly not a scowl."

She gave her shoulders an innocent shrug, all the ideas that ran around in her little brain finally being poured out. "That's all I can think of. But, I like what you thought of. Minkdust sounds majestic," Marigoldkit exclaimed wistfully. "Any name would suite you well in my opinion. As long as you like it, then I do."

She noticed how the scent of fear pricked the air. Her eyebrows knitted, wondering what about 'warriors' made Minkpaw so on edge and uncertain. She placed a torn paw on hers, patting it softly. She ignored how blood seemed to wipe and smudge onto her white fur. Marigoldkit wasn't very good at reading expressions (she much rather preferred to stray away from eye contact), but she could smell pretty darn well. Hopefully her action would offer some comfort.

(Wow, spoilers really hate me huh? Here's a tag just in case that didn't work! @al3cc766

->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 12moons] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

minkpaw listened quietly, pretty much all of them didnt feel like her but the kit seemed to enjoy herself so it was fine, it didnt matter anyway.
"its not really like i get to chose my name but thank you anyway" she replied with a small laugh-like exhale, "but i havent had my assessment yet so it'll be a while until i'll have to worry about my name".
they shifted uncomfortably, the patting, supposedly meant to comfort her, not necessarily unwelcomed, she wouldnt mind normally, but the conversation had been turning around becoming a warrior and what not for far too long now.
"do you have any more questions? if not, i'll go see how the others are doing" she had almost forgotten that she had planned to check up on some other cats too, they could theoretically wait but it was an excuse to get a bit of distance between herself and that topic. minkpaw was almost surprised she had even remembered and come up with that, thoughts seemingly scattered, slippery and out of order, impossible to hold onto for more than a few seconds and even harder to attempt to connect with another.

(wahh i know i couldve written more but no time)

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements