Thread: July Gathering
View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2017, 03:58 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Default Re: July Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfall View Post
The black warrior could practically taste the surprise coming from the deputy, he had a feeling she wasn't actually expecting him to tell her, not that they had anything to hide. He wrapped his tail around his paws and turned his blue gaze back to the leaders for a moment before it was focused back upon Auroraflame. "She's fine, she's practically living in the Medicine cat's den now, her and Geckoleaf are the best of buds." he reassured, amusement flashing across his face for a moment. He liked that she was so worried about another clans deputy, it reassured him for a moment, and then he heard one of the leaders speaking with another, and all of that reassurement plummeted. He narrowed his eyes and pined his ears to the back of his head, but only for a second before his attention was given back to the other black deputy as she spoke, deciding that it would be best to make eye contact with the other since his little...episode had passed. Fallenstream let out a snicker "Oh good, cuz for a second there he had thought you were, you seem to be a pro after all." he stated, a smirk evident on her maw. He tried his hardest to speak to her as though she as a normal clan cat, that she wasn't a deputy, that she wasn't a senior, high rank warrior. It ate away at him, the fact that he himself was one as well, the very thing he had come to hate, something his father strove to be. It made his stomach churn, which in turn caused him to dig his claws into the dirt. Upon the molly's question he turned his lapis orbs forward and one again pinned his ears to the sides of his head, he didn't want to answer that, he really didn't want to give himself away about his beliefs on....everything, or what he believed his thoughts about higher ups were. "Auroraflame...what's the first part of your name mean? I don't think I've ever heard it." he asked, trying to doge the question.
Honestly, the deputy didn’t normally care for the reasons behind a deputy or leader’s resignation however Blackgaze’s had her particularly curious. Perhaps it was because she’d had a lot of respect for the inky she-cat. To be blind and to be deputy wasn’t easy and Auroraflame respected her for it. "I’m glad to hear of it,” the ebony she-cat purred, whiskers twitching in amusement. The deputy didn’t care for things like things like this, because it was none of her business if she didn’t belong to the clan, but she was curious enough to let it show through. The she-cat was very complicated. Everyone mistook her for a cat that cared for every living being, and she did care for a lot of cats, but she didn’t care for everyone. There were a lot of things that no one but herself knew. Auroraflame studied the tom’s face as his expression changed to an expression of reassurement for a moment, however that quickly ended when one of the leaders spoke to another. Was that it? Was that why he seemed so uncomfortable? The leaders? If it was true, then that would certainly be rather weird thing to be uncomfortable about, considering he himself was a deputy. "I’m not surprised, I am a pro at everything. I simply find no joy in stalking others,” Auroraflame joked, a teasing look in her eyes. It was always nice to let go of everything for a bit and joke around with others. Being the deputy, she often had to act in a very responsible manner and be a good role model to others, but when she wasn’t attending to duties then she would stop and be the silly cat she really was.
The response that the black furred tom cat gave wasn’t much of a surprise to her. She hadn’t been expecting exactly that question, but she had been expecting something to avoid the question in case he really didn’t want to ask. She didn’t press him any further but she kept the thought at the back of mind. She would try squeeze some answers out of him later and see if her theory was correct, but for now she would leave him in peace. "Well an aurora is a set of beautiful lights in the sky. It only happens quite rarely. And it’s another word for dawn I guess you could say,” Auroraflame responded. "I was named for the way my eyes stand out against my fur. Like the lights against the night,” She continued, smiling at the words. "What about you? What’s the reasoning behind your name?” She asked, tilting her head to the side ever so slightly.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen