Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2017, 09:33 PM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
daypaw looked around, eyes focusing on the cat who stepped forward. they didnt know what they were expecting, they had never had a proper ceremony before. they had never visited starclan deliberately, and for good reason. at the sight of a starclan cat they couldnt help but let their fur bristle, amber hues focusing on every little movement the shecat made. they knew when taking on the role as a medicine cat they would be involved with starclan greatly, but that didnt mean they had to accept it. they wanted to do thing their own way, starclan involvement or not.

¨what if i dont accept my name. what if im not ready.¨ they mewed coolly. everything up to this point had made them constantly question their role. with geckoleafs disappearance, with the violence happening between their clans,with the lack of herbs and their clan mates dying around them because of said problems. it hurt, it all did. it was stressful. and the fact that gecko wasn't the one giving them their ceremony stung beyond comprehension. the role had taken both a tole on them emotionally but physically. but when it came down to it, they had put their patients first. no matter what came to be, their work had always driven them. it was a lot to take in, to officially leave the possible life of a warrior behind for good. they knew in their heart that this was what they were meant to do, but they couldnt help but think of small things like what kind of warrior they wouldve been, if they would've been a good mentor to someone,if they could've been leader one day.

they knew this was what they were meant to do, but it helped to have some reassurance--anything.
The young former warrior waited patiently for a response. She was certain that they would say ‘I do’. After all, what kind of a cat didn’t want to serve their clan as an official medicine cat with their full name? It would be an honour! That is, if that was your passion. Crimsontiger personally didn’t see serving her clan as a medicine cat an honour, mostly because she’d never had much of a liking for the occupation, and she still didn’t. She might as well go ahead with the ceremony, but that wouldn’t be right. Waiting for the cat to say ‘I do’ was an important part of the ceremony and it was something that could not be skipped.

Daypaw gave their response and Crimsontiger opened her mouth to speak the next set of words, but she suddenly registered what they’d just said and she faltered. Her smile dropped and her eyes widened as she stared at the other cat. The she-cat wasn’t sure what to think of this. She had a whole heap of emotions coming at her, all at once. Ones like shock and confusion, and even a little bit of anger. Were they saying that they didn’t want to serve their clan? “Are you saying that you don’t want to serve your clan as a full medicine cat?” Crimsontiger asked, using a demanding tone to blurt her thoughts out loud before she could think about it. Her temper was coming out again. It had been hidden for so long, and now that fiery attitude that she owned was coming back. The she-cat was so confused. She calmed herself down and let their words run through her head on repeat. They’d suggested that they were not ready. “You are ready,” she said, her voice taut as she kept the anger down. “I would not be here today if I didn’t know that you are ready. I’ve watched you and I’ve watched you go through everything that you have experienced. I know that you deserve your name,” Crimsontiger said. The ebony feline had never really been good at encouraging others and telling them about how ready they were. When she was alive, she’d never cared enough for the confidence of others to help them. But this was one of those times where she just had to do it.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen