Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: February Gathering [Leaders]

@Suspiciousmindz
@Fuzzyfeline
@starfall
@Celestial
@Empress Of Evil

The brown tabby leader found his gaze settling on Fallenstar, as he seemed to be the first one to respond after he had spoken his piece, and also seemed to be the one getting riled up quicker than anyone else.
Why must he do this? Is it because he's a new leader, he feels he must make a name for himself? Is that his reasoning? His mind pondered, his face like stone, his normal cheery demeanor wiped clean to show absolutely nothing. He saw the dark-furred tom snarl and step closer to the Windclan leader, radiating his anger. But for right now, he remained seated, watching them, jaw loosely clenched and muscles taught, but not to the point where it was painful. He was ready to step in where it was necessary. But he could feel his own frustration rising up in his throat like bile. He didn't bring Skyclan to liberate these clans just so they can go at each others throats, as if they didn't all share the same hardships. He could understand frustration, as he was feeling now, and even anger, but when you were the leader of a clan, you had to hold that back. Especially when at a gathering. You couldn't be reckless, or you would seem like nothing more than a kit with the suffix of star. Grousestar was a cat of faith, and the last thing he wanted was to bring down the wrath of Starclan because he couldn't contain his emotions on the one night where it mattered.

The Riverclan and Windclan leader exchanged more hostile words before Grousestar finally did say something, though he worded it carefully as to not show the extent of his frustration. But what was said next caught him just slightly off guard. His emerald gaze focused solely on Fallenstar, pupils narrowing as he was told to stay out of it. Ordered as if he wasn't the very leader of Skyclan, but rather some insubordinate warrior of Riverclan.
Now Grousestar could take criticism, but when it came to being talked down upon. As if he didn't have the experience, or authority of clan leader. As if he could be told to do something by anyone other than the cats he cared for. That's when he stopped it. No cat had the right to tell him to do anything.
His gaze flickered down to look at Auroraflame as she spoke up, the Skyclan leader nodding to her. She was a good deputy, and knew when to speak her mind, he appreciated it. He would have to personally thank her later for that. But for now, he had to deal with this.

Turning his head back to Fallenstar, Grousestar stood up. Now Grousestar was a tall cat, not terrifyingly tall, but certainly tall by any means. The warm, polite look that was originally in his eyes when he first greeted the Riverclan leader was gone.
"I appreciate your advice, Fallenstar. But I believe I know how to lead my clan and may very well insert myself into any business I deem necessary. And this, is most certainly necessary business to be inserted in to.
You are not the only clan here, and your continued aggression towards each other is a danger to us all. This is a night of truce, and it should be kept that way. Arguing and fighting can be saved for any other day, or night, but when it comes to the gathering, you need to contain yourself.
" His voice was cold and even held a somewhat harsh note to it. But he did not appear angry, or upset at all. He made sure to keep his face completely and utterly neutral.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?