View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2022, 08:15 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: Buzzing for a Bug Badge!

《 Snowleap (he/them) ┊ Cloudpaw (she/her) ┊ Sproutkit (he/him) 》

“Are we there yet?” That was what the small brown-furred kitten squeaked while riding on the much bigger dark-furred deputy’s shoulders. There seemed to be a special event that didn’t really exist within the realm of the clans that they were all invited to. The three of them knew how desperately they needed a break from all the non-stop training and working back home, so nobody should be really surprised that they didn’t hesitate to come here. “No, young one,” Snowleap meowed, allowing a softened chuckle to escape him, “But we’re close. Don’t you worry, we aren’t gonna miss anything.” Sproutkit gave a brisk sigh, but didn’t complain, using this time to take in their surroundings with widened, curious eyes. As they walked, the RiverClan deputy glanced at the small fluffy black-and-white apprentice who was trailing beside him in silence. “Are you excited?” He asked, curious to what the molly was thinking about. Upon hearing Snowleap’s words, Cloudpaw seemed to snap out of her thoughts and turn to look up at him. She nodded. “Oh, uh, yeah. I haven’t been to something like this since…” She trailed off, but the tall oriental longhair knew what she was hinting towards. Birdpaw’s little scavenger hunt. That had been quite a fun event from what he had heard about it. “I wonder if Shadepaw will be here.” Snowleap said, eyeing Cloudpaw and giving her a playful nudge, “I heard she’s quite fond of you.” With that, the RiverClan apprentice grew flustered, but didn’t say anything about it. “Who’s Shadepaw?” Sproutkit mewed, listening in on the other two cats’ conversation. “One of my daughters.” He responded to the two-moon-old kitten with a warm smile. “Ohhhhh…” The brown kit said, seemingly distracted by a thing out of frame almost immediately. With that, they all focused on the rest of the journey.

After a bit more walking, the RiverClan trio arrived at the open meadow that was occupied by several other cats. Many bugs could be seen buzzing around in the air as cats from different clans chased them and tried to catch one of the annoying little creatures. Sproutkit’s eyes lit up with excitement. “WOAH!” He squeaked before leaping off Snowleap and tumbling through the grass, making both Cloudpaw and Snowleap’s heads turn sharply towards the kitten in alarm. “Sproutkit, wait!” The black-and-white apprentice mewed as the brown-furred kitten was staggering through the lush grass in search of bugs. The oriental longhair put up his tail and stopped Cloudpaw, shaking his head. “Don’t worry about him. I’ll keep an eye out.” He assured her with a gentle purr, “You go and have fun.” The RiverClan shecat hesitated, but soon nodded and allowed herself to smile. “Okay, Snowleap. Don’t forget to have fun too.” She nudged the older tomcat with her head before scampering off in another direction, sniffing through the grass and trying not to get in anyone else’s way as she began her search. The deputy watched as she left him and then looked back to Sproutkit, who had somehow managed to get a few tail-lengths away from him. Snowleap shook his head and laughed light-heartedly before trailing after the young tomkit, all while starting his own search. While he wasn’t the biggest fan of bugs, he would do his best to have a good time here. Honestly, he would rather just take a nice long nap out in this nice meadow right now.