View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2023, 05:15 PM
eagle sounds

Bump Policy: Whenever
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ThunderClan Leader's Den

Thrushstar

He thought the den was rather comfortable. It was large enough for cats to lounge in even though it was within a log. Thrushstar put effort into building a nest for himself with his paws. Nothing exceptional was added by him to it. He liked basic things, thus an uninteresting old moss nest fit him perfectly. And he hoped that, with his nest-building and decorating abilities, he would never pick up Russetpaw's habit of tucking feathers into his fur. His paws molded the moss into a form he was happy with. Orienting himself so that the sun wouldn't hit his face. His ear twitched, and his eyes darted across to the den's entryway. Finding Thunderclans medicine cat apprentice advanced into his den with heavy steps. Her pawsteps caused thunks against the wood floor. Thrushstar blinked, making out their differentiating figures of Bumblebreak who was already in his den. And Cinderpaw with her aura.

He made a courteous head turn. Listening to what Cinderpaw has to say. Cinderpaw made the decision to prevent apprentices from attending gatherings. Which didn't surprise him. She was undoubtedly chosen to represent the younger members of this clan. Wanting to shield them from any potential threat. Naturally, he hesitated before responding right away. Bumblebreak jumped in and gave her suggestion while she was in here. Yes, he could still vividly recall it. Their decisions on how to handle trespassers are the cause of Dawnpaw's riotous killing. Indeed, it had been almost four moons ago. He exhaled.

"I see your reasoning and intent to protect the youth of our clan. It is an expected decision given the looming danger of what Shadowclan is even preparing to do at the following gathering. However, as Bumblebreak noted, several of the apprentices there do not possess the necessary knowledge. Up to the age of about 16 moons, they are still being trained. Of course, you, Cinderpaw, are an exception to that rule. Your claim, Cinderpaw, is supported by the murder of Dawnpaw. And why I set those rules of steering clear of Shadowclans borders."

"Even if we plan to keep apprentices from going to the next gathering. There may be things that are concealed or ambiguous that we do not know about. Pushing back their experiences of seeing the world is one thing, but prioritizing the clan's safety is entirely another. Consider this carefully, as well as the outcomes and potentials for the two possible courses of action."

"One. We send apprentices to the gathering as we have done in the past. As it is customary for our clan to do so. But there can be risks, as Cinderpaw had already stated. We certainly don't know what Shadowclan is up to, especially for the younger cats. Or what will happen when that gathering starts."

"Two, we keep them back by forbidding them from attending any more gatherings. OR, stop them from going to the following one. I predict that we will face opposition to our proposal if we bring it up with the clan. Apprentices for eons have gone to gatherings to see where the world of warriors lies. Instead of cooped up in the Kit Corner and being taught how to behave, gatherings are there to teach apprentices how to be warriors and how to interact in reality with cats from another clan. Naturally, the Kit Curriculums were established to teach the knowledge of the world and proper behavior to kits before they become apprentices."

"Simply, if you wish to prevent cats from going to gatherings. Then expect some opinions from the cats in the clan. I could care less if you have no interest in those viewpoints or what they have to offer. Having said that, none of us are certain of Dawnstar's thoughts. What she has beneath her massive, enormous frame. I'd be surprised if she didn't want any source of conflict to erupt."

"I want to delve deeper into this. Even the smallest things can, in my opinion, have the biggest effects. Of course, I don't want to complicate things too much. But I will hear from each of you and get the reasons why. And my final say will be said."

His speech flowed off of his tongue like water. He has heard from the two and their opposing opinions on what to do with the apprentices at the gathering next month just from the little parts. He won't make a decision until he has learned more about their reasons for wanting this or that. Simple. His nest has been spared from interference for a while. Waiting patiently for both of their responses to his explanation.

[ @littlelove, @dino. ]

Last edited by Eaglet; May 26th, 2023 at 07:28 PM.