View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2017, 01:55 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: January Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawny~ View Post
A spark of sympathy washed over her, this tom, needed some help, and Owlwing knew that, all too well. Her fear for her life, because of her father, made her be afraid and wary of toms, and other cats. Actually, wary was an quite the understatement, she was terrified of toms, her father, and different cats. Owlwing didn't have much friends, and she wanted to keep it that way, she didn't want too much friends, due to wariness. Owlwing blinked, tail swished around her front legs."Oh no no! You can stay!" She insisted, tail lashing out immediately, she was a bit lonely, where she was sitting, and company would serve her well. Owlwing didn't approve of the suggestion that much, she was pretty lonely, so at least have someone to chat with for the gathering. She was perfectly fine with his stuttering, it was just...his unique way of talking. Owlwing blinked at Graystep, shock in her optics. A compliment? No tom has ever complimented me... "Oh...thank you. You're pretty nice yourself, so don't put yourself down!" She tried to encourage at least something, she wasn't quite sure why she tried to do that, but she did.
Graystep wasn't quite sure what to do. He looked away from her, shuffled his paws in the dust awkwardly, and then cleared his throat, preparing to speak again. Maybe this time he would be able to speak without stuttering quite as much. Maybe this time, things would be different...although they never had before, so he didn't understand how they possibly could be now. "Th-thank you. I-I-I really appre-apprecia-appreciate it. I really appreciate it." Graystep mewed, going over each word before speaking the full sentence. Well, he had managed to do it. He had managed to do something without stuttering. However, it wasn't too impressive...still, maybe it would show Owlwing that he was friendly. Why is she being so nice? No one ever wants to put up with me...slow, in their opinion. I wish I could show them. But I-I can't. Either I don't know how or I'm just plain stupid like they say. Graystep thought with a sigh. If he really was stupid, if that was why he stuttered so much...he never had a chance. Owlwing would never want to be friends. Her own speech seemed to flow so elegantly....how did she do that? She had told him she was nervous around toms, and her appearance showed it, but her voice- her voice was so perfect. "Y-you real-really thin-th-think so?" Graystep asked, his yellow hues widening in surprise. This came as rather a shock to him. No one had ever called him 'nice' before. 'Different' 'Weird' 'Dumb' were words that were usually used to describe him. Would it be too personal if he told her that? No- she had allowed him to see a part of her own life, there was no problem with speaking about his own. "N-no one...n-no one ever c-cal-calls me nu-nuh-nice. Th-they g-gener-generally j-just cal-call m-mu-muh-me d-d-diff-differen-t. Different. O-or w-weir-d. Or weird. Or-or d-du-dum-b." Graystep explained, his voice shaking more then usual. He guessed that was due to his nervousness at telling her this. "B-b-but y-you-r...you're d-differ-ent. Different. I-in a g-goo-god-good way," He added, lowering his head a little as he spoke before glancing at her with his yellow hues.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.