View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2020, 08:18 AM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

[ @Redtalon @Finpaw ]

Talonstone watched, seemingly unimpressed, as his apprentice stumbled to a stop beside him. He wasn't annoyed at her tardiness, not at all. Things had been rough in the shadows lately and he understood how that might affect Sparkpaw. The younger feline really had been sleeping, the warrior could deduct from the crack in her voice and rapid blinking. He was less concerned with her missing the announcements and more concerned about whether she had been sleeping enough lately. The frosty tom was aware that he was one of those more demanding mentors. He hadn't been resting much, either, although that never stopped him from working dawn 'til dusk if possible.

Sorry? Oh, how Talonstone despised that word. He would've opened to his maw to reassure his apprentice that she had nothing to apologize for, but Finpaw beat him to it. Sorry didn't mean anything; the warrior was content as long as Sparkpaw could acknowledge her mistake and try to avoid repeating it. He nodded slightly in the older apprentice's direction, then meowed, "Should you ever feel as if you need more training, know that you may seek me out." Talonstone himself had gone through three and a half mentors, half because it hadn't been made official. Then, addressing both the apprentices: "As Finpaw stated, we will be leaving on a hunting patrol. There is a small grove past a shallow stream that is plentiful with prey at the moment. Said grove is our destination. Come."

With that, the warrior padded into the forest, trusting that Sparkpaw and Finpaw were following. He could sense their presence behind him. After a while of trekking in silence, Talonstone inquired, "Finpaw, how much do you know about hunting?" Seeing that he had only taken Sparkpaw hunting once, he might need to turn his attention onto the cream she for a good part of the patrol.

[They will be crossing the stream on their way to the grove. Who would like their cat to be slapped by a fish? And whoever posts next, make sure to do so in the territory.]
Have a wonderful day!