View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2019, 08:38 AM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Default Re: ThunderClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post

Passionstar would admit that he missed seeing Everglare nurse those little fluffballs. Kits were so cute when they were at a tender age and they were extremely fun to play with. So, knowing they were older and apprentices now, it was good to see, yet it just made Passionstar realize how time moved so fast. One moment, they were curious about the world around them, and now they were experiencing all that the world offered. As he approached the familiar she cat, Passionstar smiled behind the ball of fur that was in his mouth. He purred heavily as she began to speak, and he set the mouse down in front of her. ''Oh, you do? I didn't even notice, my bad.'' The tom teased back. He knew Everglare was sleeping in the warrior's den now, but he kinda figured that every mother would come back to the nursery in less than a month to reflect on memories when her kits were nursing from her. ''I got you this. It's fresh. I just brought it back.'' The tom puffed out his chest. He didn't pick this up from the fresh kill pile. Instead, he had hunted this himself, so that was kinda a pretty big deal to him.

''Are you still thinking about her?'' Passionstar settled down in front of the she cat, tilting his head to the side. They both knew he was referring to Goosepaw. No mother wanted to see their young kit sent to a different clan for whatever reasons. Passionstar was pretty heartbroken about it, but he had to learn to be strong. He wondered if she was even doing okay with all this. It seemed like so much was happening, and he had so little time in a day to check everything out.

Everglare was a sassy sort of cat, who enjoyed teasing cats, just as long as she ‘won’. “It’s hard to not notice me,” the she-cat teased pridefully. “I guess you’re just very lucky I was in here.” The muddy brown cat giggled at how proud he was of bringing her a piece of prey he had freshly killed. It was almost a apprentice-like pride, and Everglare thought it was adorable. ”Congratalations,” she said saucily, “I’m sure your mentor will be proud of you!” The she-cat smiled to show she appreciated the gesture, and then crouched down to eat the mouse.

Just as soon as she bit into the mouse, Everglare was hit by that question, so clearly about Goosepaw. She looked away, and tried to pull herself together. Just put on your cute act Ever. Yet when she spoke for once it wasn’t an act. She was genuinely sad. She swallowed her bite and then looked up at Passionstar. “I’m sure she’ll be happy in ShadowClan....” Everglare trailed off, “But I miss her so much.” She left off the part about how sometimes she found herself blaming Goosepaw for leaving, when she shouldn’t have been. StarClan had said that Goosepaw needed to become ShadowClan’s medicine cat apprentice, and somehow that didn’t make Everglare feel any better. Now her kit was away in another clan, and Everglare couldn’t do anything to stop it. “Why did she have to go?”