View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2018, 05:04 PM
sushi

My Mood: Unpredictable

Default Re: Home is Where the Heart Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post

Doll let out a small shriek as she heard someone speak. She wasn't used to being startled by a cat. Usually it was just one of the human kits. But the thing that had spoken had spoken her language. Doll was a friendly cat, but she could often by scared. She whirled around, her fur bristling in fear. Suddenly she stopped short, and took a deep breath, attempting to calm herself. It was just a tom, larger then her by a little bit, but looking a lot more youthful and alert. He was white and fluffy with oval shaped orbs and pointed ears. He seemed nice enough, and he was holding food. What sort of cat held food and was a threat. She wasn't quite sure what he had said but it had sounded friendly and that was all she really cared about. Flushing she looked at the tom sheepishly. "Hi... Uh, I'm sorry... I... You startled me." She managed. Nice going Doll, awkward, exactly how you don't make new friends."
Doll looked around, hoping there was something she could use to take his mind off how awkward she had been. Maybe a butterfly, a especially pretty flower? A human, another cat, her humans perhaps. But there was nothing. Instead she would probably have to pretend that she had not been awkward and she was just introducing herself. "I'm Doll, who're you?" She asked, her voice strong again.
The slightly larger feline cocked his head sidewards, a chuckle emitting from deep within his throat. He found it so interesting how these more tamed and docile cats reacted to ones of his kind, more feral and wild. Although, certainly not as wild as the clan-cats. That would be taking it a little too far. Val was more civilised, street-smart, he knew the ins and outs of every one of these houses, and could likely instruct you on where the fridge was placed in each home. He was used to the taller creatures being close-by, and was barely even affected when they came tumbling in his direction. Maybe that was a sign that he shouldn't be near the homes as much... Of course, cats should uphold their general fears and tactics in order to survive, but Val had already broken that by stealing food and resources. It was just easier than having to do it all by himself.
Alabaster plumage shifting in the wind, the tom-cat calmly set the fish upon the ground. His tail swayed hesitantly, yet his expression of being unaffected rolled smoothly across his form. The feline glanced towards the side awkwardly, before once again meeting her gaze. "Yeah... sorry about that." his voice was soft and husky, as if he was afraid of being too harsh with the female. She just seemed so soft and elegant, he couldn't help himself.
The tom ensconced his hues onto her, watching her movements and noticing the hurried actions that her own eyes had been taking. This only boosted Val's confidence, and he rose a brow. "Doll? I guess that suits you, but I'd go more along the lines of Angel." he paused, waiting a split second just to give the words more meaning. Of course, it was just his charm speaking, if he had truthfully meant it there would be more depth and importance to the words. Otherwise they were just plain and simple.
"The name is Val. Short for Val."
i slithered here from eden just to sit outside your door

♡━━━━━━━site━━━━━━━♡