View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2017, 01:38 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
As Daypaw's emotions shifted from angry and confused to happiness, Cricketpaw felt her heart melt for her friend. She felt responsible for some of the pain they were going through, and silently cursed herself that she had been so careless as to have her life taken from her, leaving Daypaw to struggle on their own. Remember, they have Geckoleaf now though, too she reminded herself, however it didn't alleviate the personal guilt she felt for abandoning her best friend. "Oh, Daypaw," she sighed, reaching forpward to touch her nose to their forehead, closing her eyes. "I miss you too."
The bengal pulled away after a few moments of silence and studied the feline carefully. She knew about the nightmares that plagued them back in their regular dreams, and so far her time in StarClan had shown her nothing about why that was. It irritated her, and she vowed to keep searching until she could find any information that would help them. Regardless of their dream state, she was glad they had decided to come to StarClan territory - she assumed a part of it was voluntary, and not just because she had summoned them here.
"Daypaw, I'm so proud of you. Look at how many cats you saved!" she purred, trying to change the subject to a lighter note. Eagerly, the former Medicine Cat apprentice smiled towards her best friend, hoping they realized just how many lives they had prevented StarClan from obtaining. "It's a good thing too," she purred, her tone switching into a slightly playful, joking one. "There isn't much room up here, and the more cats we have the less fish I get to hunt." At that, Cricketpaw laughed a bit, nudging Daypaw playfully with one shoulder. It felt like old times again when they had met with their mentors at the Starcave, or crossed paths at Gatherings. She was glad for once that the Warrior Code was transparent to her in regards to relations with the other Medicine Cats - she couldn't imagine choosing between her Clan and her best friend.
This moment felt bitter sweet. They were happy that they had saved so many lives during the flood, they were beyond ecstatic that they had done their job. How many times they had climbed up and down those muddy hills,mudslides more like, heaving cats up and down, up and down. Another after another.Their body still ached at the thought. But they also remembered how they fell, how they saw a brief glimpse of Cricketpaw before they were plunged into the water, how before Daypaw shouldve died, they saw a glimpse of her. They hated Starclan with a passion. They hated every single cat in it--but Cricketpaw was an exception. They could never hate Cricketpaw, it was impossible. She was their other half, the only real thing that had kept Daypaw stable. Without her, they felt empty. They wouldnt tell her that they they hadnt been taking care of themselves, having been eaten or sleeping. They didnt want her to worry. Instead, they gave a small,tired smile. ¨I wouldnt have been able to save them if you didnt save me.¨ they mewed softly. They were still in awe that they got to even see Cricketpaw, it felt so familiar yet foreign at the same time to be in her presence. ¨Have you visited Russetstar or Geckoleaf?¨