View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Shrinking Violet

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Hoot was surprised by Silence's sudden change. The she-cat seemed fine only moments ago, but her uneasiness was contagious. Hoot felt his own fur begin to stand up and his heart began to race. The Abyssinian wasn't sure exactly what this sudden danger was, but he trusted that it was bad as soon as he heard Silence speak. The panic in the other cat's voice made Hoot nervous. There was a context to Silence's fear of whatever was lurking about, but Hoot had no idea what it was.

The young tom wanted to run. His paws were ready to turn and run until he couldn't anymore. All of the tiredness and exhaustion that Hoot had felt before dissipated in a heartbeat. His body had initiated the fight or flight response and there wasn't any going back. Hoot had to fight his urge to run. It took all of his strength to do what Silence had told him. He followed her instruction, keeping his ears and eyes open for any sign of danger.
Once she was sure Hoot was gone, Silence took deep breaths, calming herself as much as she could. Conjuring up every ounce of will she had, she forced her paws to move farther into the clearing, where the cat who haunted her nightmares sat, paitently waiting. He was a normal sized tom, mottled black and white with pale blue eyes, like ice. A long scar curved around his left ear and over his eye, though it was white with age. He perked when he saw her, standing and trotting over as if they were old friends. When he spoke, it was a deep rumble in the back of this throat, almost like thunder. "I've finally found you."

Though she couldn't hear him, when he started to speak the little black she-cat shook like her bones were trying to rattle out of her skin. When the tom reached his head down to touch hers, she flinched away, stepping backwards and baring her teeth in a soundless snarl. Don't you dare touch me! Her ears flattened against her head, bright orange eyes a mixture of fear and hostility. You are not welcome here, Spark. Leave.

Spark's head receded in surprise, his eyes gleaming with genuine hurt. "Silence, do you know how many moons I've searched for you?" He leaned down to nuzzle her again, and she snapped at him, teeth just missing his face. Both cats froze in shock, and Spark's eyes grew dark. Moving like a snake, he had the little she-cat pinned within a heartbeat, staring down at her with unbridled rage. "You still fight me?? After everything? I named you! I took you in when your family left you to die! And how do you repay me? With a scar and this ungrateful attitude." He snarled, leaning over her. Silence refused to cower, twisting under him in an attempt to free herself.

Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!