View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2021, 09:25 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

ShadowClan Prey Scavenger Hunt [Event - Open to All Apprentices and a Few Warriors]

Event [#event]

"Apprentices of ShadowClan, gather round! Warriors, I'll need a pawful of you out here as well."

Things were starting to warm up for Greenleaf, yet a cool and crisp breeze still flowed through the air, the perfect weather for a little hunting event Finchwhisker had been cooking up for a while now. With hunting patrols being a consistent disappointment, he saw this as a perfect opportunity to stock up the fresh-kill pile and get these brats one step closer to warriorhood. A win-win situation for all.

"This will be similar to a scavenger hunt, but you'll be looking for certain types of prey. You'll be split up into groups for this. One warrior will accompany each group, however, they may NOT help you with the actual hunting. Quite frankly, I'm assured some of you could manage perfectly well without the added supervision, but there's that handful of you who might do something incredibly stupid and wind up in Ebonyfang's care, so surveillance it is. Now, onto the task. You'll have to catch a rat, a vole, a frog, a lizard, a shrew, a mouse, a squirrel, and any sort of bird you find. The first group to catch every type of prey and report back to me wins."

"You might be asking, what's the prize for this whole thing? Well, I believe I've come up with a fair trade for the work you'll put in hunting. The winning apprentices will get the first pick of the prey pile tonight, bragging rights, of course, and..." he paused for dramatic effect, flattening down a nearby clump of bracken to reveal what had been hiding behind it. "A badger skull to show off to your clanmates!" While he'd been out scouting around the area earlier, he'd stumbled upon an old badger carcass and decided the skull would make an interesting trophy. Some of the rascals might be a bit creeped out by the skull, but he was certain quite a few of them would love the chance to keep it near their nest and pretend as though they'd killed it all by themselves.

"Now, onto the more technical details. First off, for those of you who haven't quite learned how to hunt yet, you're free to come along anyways. You'll pick up the skills through observation."

"Don't try to bring me more than one of each prey type. That won't get you any sort of bonus points. Stick with your group the entire time. If I see any of you trying to split off and catch more than one piece of prey at a time, I may choose not to count some of your catches. And in the event of a tie... you'll see what happens."

"So, if you want to participate, come line up in front of me, and I'll begin sorting you out into groups."

How This Works

A randomized spinner wheel will be used to determine what type of prey a group catches each round. Spins will occur every 24 hours. "Duplicates" do not count towards completing the checklist. This means that if the spinner lands on the same prey twice, the group has made no progress. The wheel will only be spun if at least one member of each group has posted. If all members in a group post, the wheel may be spun twice in the event of a duplicate spin.

After each spin, it is up to your group to decide how the rp will be carried out. For example, each app taking turns catching the prey, team hunting tactics, etc.

Teams will need to catch one of each of the following:

• Rat
  • Vole
  • Frog
  • Lizard
  • Shrew
  • Mouse
  • Squirrel
  • Any Type of Bird

Character Site ✩ Bump after 3 days. ✩

Last edited by Puddle~; April 5th, 2021 at 09:27 PM.