View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2018, 02:45 AM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ShadowClan Highbranch

Ceremonies. Goldenstar felt obliged to do one every moon, at the least anyways. He didn’t really get that many ceremony requests, and while he was kind of relieved about that, it kind of made him sad. He supposed it had to do with it being leafbare, shaking as a cold wind blew his fur a way that slapped cold all over his body. Not many kits were born in the season, usally he had to wait until green-leaf. Then again, he hadn’t exactly been a leader in greenleaf. He forced himself to save his thoughts for another time, jumping onto the highbranch, and looking down at the cats. “Will all cats old enough to catch their own prey please gather under the highbranch?” he asked, though it was more like a sort of mix between an order and a call.

Looking down at the gathered cats, he gathered himself, and calmed himself enough to begin to talk. “Daturakit? Pyrekit? Could you please step forward?” He gave the kits some time to calm down from any excitement they might be feeling, before smiling. “You two have reached the age of six moons, and that means it is time for you to be apprentinced.” it was the same words every time, so that helped Golden ever so slightly, since he didn’t need to think up a bunch of different ceremonies. “From this moment on, until you receive your warrior name, Daturakit, you will be known as Daturapaw, and your mentor will be Larkdrizzle,” He took a few seconds to catch his breath, before moving onto the next ceremony, “Pyrekit, from this moment on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Pyrepaw, and your mentor will be Mudtuft,” he smiled down at the two kits, silently congratulating the, from the highbranch.

Now to the next ceremony, ”Bluepaw? Will you please step forward?” he called out to the apprentince, managing to locate her in the crowd of cats, smiling. ”I, Goldenstar, leader of Shadowclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice.” He said, repeating the words he said every ceremony. “She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in turn” He looked down at Bluepaw once again, his gaze turning slightly stern. This wasn’t anything to joke about, he knew that. ”Bluepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?”

[I do]

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name,” He nodded down at the apprentince, a small motion he hoped would calm any nerves she had. “From this moment on, Bluepaw, you will be known as Blueflame, Starclan honors your fierce and sarcastic nature,” Goldenstar finished the ceremony calmly, despite having his own thoughts. Why would somebody’s mentor call them out for being sarcastic in their own warrior ceremony. Weren’t you supposed to call attention to the good attributes of them? He pushed away his confusion and just smiled down at the apprentince. There, now he was done, he looked over the cats one more time, before adjourning the meeting and jumping down.

@2018 Okapi @Constellation @Mystical