View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Paige~

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Blinded Night (Barracuda and Nyx, PRIVATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Inside, Barracuda's emotions were a whirl of excitement. Yes! He was in! He was trusted, and with that trust, he could do damage. Why did he want this? Because he was back, and he couldn't very well just let her know that he had gotten bored... no, it was much better to play this game. "I promise I won't leave without an explanation. I can promise you, Nyx, I will always return... to take care of you and our kits." He smiled, lightly nuzzling her. Kits he hadn't wanted. Kits he hadn't planned on having. Kits that he was going to have to cleverly get ahold of at some point. Oh sure, he would only take one or two - the most beautiful of the litter - but they would be the best kits, and he would leave her with his leftovers.

Barracuda was planning to go back and forth between territories, between his flirts, and maybe at some point - he would run into Iris again. That's extremely stupid. If you run into her again, it had better be to flirt. He told himself, tail twitching back and forth. He'd liked the she cat, but not the guilt that had come with leaving her. He doubted their next encounter would be quite as pleasant as the first. No more sweet whispered words, it was going to have to be heavy flirting if he wanted to gain her trust back at all. And the collar? Well, Barracuda was sure he could think of an explanation for that.

"Of course, love. I wouldn't expect anything less - I'm just grateful that you're taking me back at all. And is there anything I can do for you? Hunt, settle you in somewhere, maybe I could make you comfortable?" The tom mewed. It was an unspoken offer to curl up with her somewhere where it was only the two of them.
"Okay." It may have just been one word, but to the feline with the greenish yellow eyes it meant mich more than that. It meant she was trusting Barracuda to not leave her, even though she probably shouldn't. It meant she was expecting him to be there and be a good father for her kits. But she was overthinking. Okay means okay, and that's the end of it. Nyx flicked her tail slightly and let a smile grow through a crack in her facade, the whole expression eventually fading away to reveal her true face. There she stood, looking tired and happy next to Barracuda. The black Molly hoped they would live a nice life together. No , not hoped. He had promised. Nyx knew they would live a be lfe together, just them and their family. Maybe she'd even make up with Nova. "I wouldn't mind if you and I went to find a den and settle in. We do have to prepare, after all." The black Turkish van turned her greenish yellow eyes towards Barracuda's, locking eyes with... Was he her mate? They had never said it officially...

“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.”
-Louis L’Amour
|| Character Site || Finder/RP Tracker || Magnoliapetal's Finder ||
past usernames: moobaby171, moothebean
-EST-