View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:32 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
Daypaw felt a slight relief when he heard so sympathy in Nightpaws voice. It calmed them almost. Countless times theyve tried to tell cats about their problems and all theyve gotten was pity. Pity pity puity. Oh, Daypaw cant sleep, eat or even walk right with out limping at this point, poor them ! They were sick of it. Its partly the reason why they were hesitant about talking to anyone about their problems. But they felt..at ease with Nightpaw. Sort of in a little sister sense. At her question they thought for a moment, closing their eyes and thinking. It was hard to relive their past, and they had only been a kit when Moutianfog had died. ¨Died from fighting a darkforest cat in his sleep. Before I was born there was an evil era, evil leaders and rose to the top and so did the dark forest. Attacking any cat they could.¨ They could remember their fathers lifeless body on the ground, the look on his face in pure shock, blood oozing from his throat,mouth and eyes. It was a traumatizing thing to see as a kit, and that was possibly why Daypaw had taken on the role at the medcat of Shadowclan. Their tone sounded emotionless. It was weird, they werent grieving over their fathers death. They weren't close to him in anyway so they lacked empathy for his death, but with the nightmares they had their father almost haunted them in a sense, them and Moutianfog dying over and over and over, the same images replaying in their head like a sick movie. It was exsasuting, but it felt good to talk about it with someone.
During Nightpaw's time in the clan, no cat had talked with her about the Dark Forest. These words were strange to her, but what she managed to gather was that cats from there had killed other cats. They must be another clan... but a clan of cruel and awful cats! How could any cat kill another? To Nightpaw, the concept was completely beyond her. Why would any cat want to hurt another? Didn't they have enough problems already from other animals? An image of open, slavering jaws flashed through her mind and she shuddered, shaking her head to banish the image. "How horrible..." she said to Daypaw. "That's so unfair that your father was taken from you like that. I don't really remember my parents at all, I went to live with my housefolk when I was so little...er, twolegs," Nightpaw corrected herself, using the term that she'd heard clancats using. "But it must have been so hard..." Nightpaw thought for a long moment, a strange mix of gratitude that Daypaw was sharing this with her and sadness that they had been through so much mixing within her. "Is that why you're so sad?" she asked the medicine cat, point blank. She wasn't just talking about now. From the moment she had managed to have a conversation with Daypaw without consciousness fading, she had felt it coming off the golden-colored cat like waves, a deep, unrelenting sadness masked by bitterness. "I wish I'd met you earlier. Maybe I could have helped you not be so sad." The little black shecat butted her head against the medicine cat's neck, nuzzling as into their fur, just to let them feel that she was there, really there for them in that moment. "Is there anything I can do for you?" Nightpaw asked her friend. "You know there's nothing I wouldn't do for you. I mean, you're the reason I'm even alive and here after all." As far as Nightpaw was concerned, she owed Daypaw her life. She was sure the medicine cat didn't take her seriously. After all, she was a young, former kittypet who could barely hunt, didn't know how to fight, and probably came across as a happy-go-lucky airhead. The shecat sagged a little. And why shouldn't they think that? I can't fix any of this. I can't do anything.

Last edited by Charmer; September 25th, 2017 at 10:33 PM.