View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2022, 05:48 AM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Windy Hills

@duCky //

➛ flaredust | she/her

flaredust had waited several moments for martenpaw, hoping that the apprentice would show up if she gave her some time. she never did, and the tortie didn't want fallownose to see her just sitting there doing nothing because her patrolmate wouldn't show up. so, she left, and now she's here at windy hills. except, it's not windy, it's hot. just my luck, first martenpaw doesn't show up, and now it's hot, she thinks with a scoff. doesn't matter, i don't need an apprentice's help. with how things go for me, i doubt she'd even know how to hunt.

there's no shade around that she's able to spot, so she guesses she'll just have to make this quick. perched on the second and highest hill, the warrior scans the grooves of the hill before she sniffs for any scents. a crow! that's the perfect piece of prey. except.. the bird is hopping around halfway up the next hill. she physically feels her soul leave her body and float away at this realization. reality is painful. this is very painful.

she travels down the hill as quickly and as quietly as she can, wanting to get this over with. once she's at the start of the next hill, she takes a moment to rest. it's hot. ugh. she hates super hot days. as she rests, she watches the crow continue to stupidly hop around, making annoying noises. she crouches down and begins creeping up the hill, breaking off into a sprint at the last second, and leaps onto the bird, killing it with a quick bite.

placing it on the ground, she sniffs the air again. one or two more pieces of prey should be good depending on the size. luckily, it smells like theres a rabbit not too far away, as much as she hates hunting them. it's.. oh! just down the hill, inching out of it's burrow. stalking back down the hill, she starts her slow journey of trying to sneak up on the rabbit. rabbits are smart though, so of course, it starts sprinting away and she has to chase it. after a tiring game of cat and mouse, the tortie catches it and retrieves the crow. making her way back to camp, she can only think of how hot it is, how the windy hills must hate her, and how thirsty she is.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days