View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2017, 03:39 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothlost! View Post

Scorchflake had an actual smile on her face as Grousestar reassured that he would make sure she was healthy and healing. She knew that he probably checked in on all his warriors, but even then she felt special and cared about. No leader ever cared like Grousestar. "Thank you, Grousestar."
As they traveled she felt her shoulder's pain increase, and she wanted to stop and never get up again. She'd traveled too much that day for a wound that severe, and it took ever ounce of her strength to keep pushing forward, hide the fact she wanted to cry out. Everyone occasional step she took was a wrong one, and a stabbing pain slashed through her injury and she had to bite down, drawing blood from her lip, to prevent a yowl of pain. She was beginning to wonder how she'd managed to go those days after the battle feeling nothing. Was it the herbs she received, or had her emotionless void prevented her from feeling the pain of the wound? Perhaps the SkyClan leader was bringing her out, and the pain was finally emerging too.
So when they were nearing camp, and the smells of so many new cats filled her nostrils, she felt relief. There was an urge to charge forward, but she knew that was stupid for many ways. SkyClan warriors would be hostile towards a newcomer. Her shoulder would make her regret a sudden movement. Grousestar was the only one keeping her standing. Finally they entered the camp, and she stared in amazement. It wasn't finished, as they only recently settled down, and she knew that there was still a lot of adjustments to be made, but it was a perfect camp.
It was her home.
Eyeing the clearing with fascination, she followed the leader into the medicine cat den, and she was hardly into the den when she collapsed, a hiss of pain escaping her before a cry as she landed on her poor shoulder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees View Post
(I am so sorry I didn't see this here I forgot to check for new posts...)

Ebonypaw looked up abruptly at the sounds of cats entering the den. She recognized Grousestar, but the female, the one that appeared to be wounded, was unfamiliar in sight, and as she neared, in scent as well.
The she-cat could not quite make out a scent with the background herb-scent that filled the den, she had wondered many times by now if she would reach a place in time when her nostrils grew used to the scent of the many herbs and she would be able to make out the individual scent of the cats within the den.

As she approached, she couldn't immediately see anything wrong with the feline who had fallen, though their hiss and cry sounded pained. She turned her blue eyes up towards the leader for a moment before turning back to the unfamiliar she-cat with the strange scent, lowering herself partially, though the she-cat was a warrior and she was only nine moons, so she didn't have to bend much to become level with the edge of the flank of the cat. Ebonypaw scented her, more out of habit now, forgetting to ask if this cat was even from Skyclan or not.

But then again, she trusted Grousestar as a leader. He wouldn't bring a cat that he wouldn't want to be helped to the medicine den, right?
"What happened?" The tuxedo asked, eyes still trained the flank of the feline, unsure what exactly had happened or if the pain that this cat had was external or internal. Perhaps they could answer this for her, but simply asking what happened would also give some information, hopefully.
At the thanks from his new warrior he simply chuckled lightheartedly and nodded his head, falling quiet as they made their way to camp and very promptly made their way to the medicine cat's den where they would find Ebonypaw.
When they finally made it to the den and out of the bustle of the camp, it was clear the traveling that Scorchflake had done had taken a tole on her as she collapsed into the closest nest possible, allowing a hiss to escape herself, though he did worry, he knew that the she-cat would be in good paws with Ebonypaw.
Looking up from his friend to the young medicine cat in training, he would flash her a smile, an almost apologetic look, though there was no clear reason as to why he looked that way. Perhaps because of the suddenness of popping in? Who knows, though the look didn't stay too long as he watched the young cat approach the former Shadowclan warrior.

"Greetings Ebonypaw, I hope we're not intruding on any important tasks but she desperately needs her wounds looked at. Her name is Scorchflake and she is a new member of our clan, she can tell you the rest because she knows the extent of her wounds I believe and would be better suited to answering your questions. If you don't mind, I will be picking up some prey, would you like so?"
The leader asked the medicine cat politely with a tilted head, a look that always appeared so innocent as if he was an overgrown kit standing in the body of a leader, but nonetheless, the offer stood and he wouldn't move until he was answered.

After Ebonypaw gives her answer, whichever the case may be, he would respectfully dip his head and pad out of the den to retrieve the food, grabbing some for himself as well. He would return, not because he didn't trust the young medicine cat to do her job, but just wanting to make sure that Scorchflake wasn't in any sort of serious danger with her injuries, he didn't know the first thing about it or if they were infected or not and would most certainly like to stay informed on his friends situation.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?