View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2018, 04:46 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Cloudstrike echoed Honeythistle’s purr as she leaned against him, both of them focusing their eyes on the nest before them. Cloudstrike was, at the moment, thinking about all the flowers she could choose from. Sunflowers, roses, peonies, etc. She purred absentmindedly as Honeythistle leaned down to lick her ear. Cloudstrike felt as if she’d never gotten this much attention from Honeythistle before. She was reveling in it. A single thought in her whirlwind mind told her that it wouldn’t last but the rest of the thoughts, those of happiness and hope that the moment would last forever, overwhelmed it. The nest was almost finished and it looked good, if she said so herself. Her thoughts were interrupted by Honeythistle’s voice and odd question. The feline couldn’t help feeling like her answer was wrong, even though the question didn’t have right or wrong answers. She only felt that way because she didn’t particularly understand it. It was an unusual question. Honeythistle seemed to like her answer though, as he purred and said that it was good. Still confused, Cloudstrike watched him brush dust off of the nest and tilted her head to spur more speech from the tom. When he returned to her, Cloudstrike presses against him with all of the vigor that he used to press against her. She purred as Honeythistle nuzzled her ear but silenced that noise when she heard his words. “Change it? Cloudstrike repeated, pulling away to look at Honeythistle, “Why?” She couldn’t stop herself from asking the question. Changing one’s name was a big deal, after all. Would you like that? Cloudstrike honestly didn’t know how she felt about it. The snowy queen wasn’t totally against it. After all, hasn’t she longed for a more musical name after hearing the names of his other mates? They were all so beautiful and elegant. She had wanted to be like them. But she had wished for that not thinking it would or could happen. “Can I do that?” She asked, staring dreamily into the distance. What would she even change it to? Cloudstrike flicked her bright blue eyes onto Honeythistle and queried, “Would it be something elegant and beautiful? Like Pearlstream?” She brought up his other mate’s name hopefully, remembering how pretty she had thought it upon hearing it for the first time. Why not change her name? She was beginning to grow excited now. Plenty of cats wished they could change their name and now she was being given the opportunity.
If someone told Honeythistle that they were going to meet a cat named Cloudstrike, he wouldn’t think they were talking about a she cat. That’s the main reason why her name bugged him. When he first began noticing her back in Riverclan territory, he was a little shock that she carried such a stallion-like name, but during that time his intentions were meant to woo her, so he pushed the meaning of her name to the back of his mind in order to win her affections. Now, that he landed the alabaster beauty, it was the perfect moment to change her name. He changed her life after all, which was a major thing, but a little name change? That was minor. She repeated what he said, and Honeythistle simply hummed in response. His eyes gave her a gentle look as she questioned him further. Not that her voice held anything accusatory, as she seemed to be baffled that he wanted to change her name. “Because, I want it changed.” That was the simple answer. It was the truth. To others, it wasn't a big deal of what her name was, but to him, it was misleading, so he didn’t like it. For Honeythistle, if he didn’t like something, then he was going to change it. One way or another. The tom felt pleased when she muttered the pretty words Can I do that? In order to encourage her, he pressed his nose to her cheek. “You’d be crazy not to do it,” he purred. She seemed more inclined to change her name because when Honeythistle looked away, that familiar dreamy expression clouded her facial. Honeythistle gave her a curt nod. “We will be changing your name.” He finally said. Making the decision himself. He picked up a paw and licked it nonchalantly as she continued to think it over. Her voice made his ears perk and the tom looked up towards the roof of the nursery, then he nodded. “Do you like the name Pearlstream?” He cooed at white molly. Truth be told, he also liked Pearlstream’s name. It was as beautiful as her. “I suppose something simlilar. Equally equivalent to stunning and gorgeous,” he growled. He took a moment to allow this to sink into the queen before he got to his paws and weaved around the she cat, pressing firmly against her while his tail draped around her back. “It’ll be as beautiful as the name I given - “ Pause. His features lit up at the Idea of her new potential name. The silver tom regained his posture, and he purred into her ear. “How about something with the name Dove?” Obviously, she was his dove. He’d given her that nickname the first (Well, second) time he saw her because he didn’t want to acknowledge her actual name unless he was angry at her. “Hmm, How about Doveheart...? Or Dovepetal? Maybe Doveflower?” He suggested, then quickly shook his head. Mothflower already had that suffix, and he didn’t really feel so close to the common suffixes of ‘Heart’ and ‘Petal’. Pondering somewhere, he suggested, “Dovegaze,” he says, more so in a joke, “Your eyes are very gorgeous, by the way. Don’t know if I ever told you that, but now you know.” He playfully nosed her ear. “Maybe, Dovepelt?” No, no - Honeythistle almost shook his pelt. “Never mind that suggestion, what about Dovevoice?” He purred. That had a ring to it. Her pelt as white as a dove and her voice as gorgeous as...he couldn’t even describe her talent. But, even that name felt unsettling to him. So, he finally grasped an idea and purred lowly, “Dovecoo...” now, there was something about that name that sounded like it was perfect for her. So, he cooed at her. “My sweet Dovecoo. I like the sound of that. It should be your new name.” His orbs light up with a new fire, and he didn’t hide his happiness when he insisted the name. It would be her new name. It was perfect.

Last edited by Brilliance; January 1st, 2018 at 04:46 PM.