View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2019, 04:34 PM
slightly stressed

My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ShadowClan Training Ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post
Lunafrost allowed her legs to buckle underneath her to lay down as she took to silently observing the apprentice's progress. Unlike most mentors who would offer a word of advice, Lunafrost was more interesting in seeing how Rabbitpaw fared without her input. She internally winced at the first attempt, the way Rabbitpaw's muzzle connected with the ground seemed rather painful in Lunafrost's eyes. Instead of getting up and checking on the apprentice, she kept still, nothing beyond the way her tail swung behind her expressed her concern.

Lunafrost had a more independent teaching method, she's the kind of cat who would teach someone how to swim by pushing them in the water. It was not how she was taught it was merely how she did things. A surge of pride swelled in her chest as she saw Rabbitpaw simply got up and tried the move again. There was no whine nor bouts of frustration, Lunafrost liked that she learned from her mistakes without needing Lunafrost to comment on them. She picked herself up after every failure and pushed on. A small smile crossed her maw as Rabbitpaw finally got the move down. It wasn't perfect and clearly would need more practice, but all in all, Rabbitpaw had surpassed Lunafrost's expectations.

"You did very well." The warrior pushed herself to her paws and padded over to the panting apprentice. The she-cat dipped her head to touch noses with the younger cat, it was something she did unconsciously with younger cats. Her parents often rewarded her with such a gesture when she came back to camp and showed them a new move she learned or when she got rare praise from her mentor. It always made her feel like all that tiring work was worth it just for that. She didn't seem to be aware or notice if she was making the apprentice uncomfortable.

"You can relax for a bit, you look tired." Lunafrost took to sitting nearby the apprentice and wrapped her tail around her paws. They'd have to practice it a little more, but for now, she was rather happy with the apprentice. "You learn faster then I did when I was your age. The first time I tried a back kick I pushed off way too hard and ended up flipping myself onto my back." She recalled the memory with some bitterness, her mentor laughed at her. "No sharp pain or aches anywhere?" She asked, recalling how one cat pulled a muscle during training before and hadn't noticed or maybe just hadn't said anything. The repercussions hadn't been good.

school sucks. also, i noticed you changed Lunafrost's name to Snowfrost on her biography lol

Rabbitpaw
A proud purr rumbled in her chest at Snowfrost's words of praise, and her tail waved lightly behind her in triumph. She respected the senior warrior. She was strong, tough, collected, and someone Rabbitpaw truly admired. Being praised by - in her opinion - one of the coolest warriors in the clan, sent warmth spreading from her ear tips to her toes.

Then at the touch of Snowfrost's nose on her own, she jumped slightly in shock, her eyes widening at the gentle show of affection. It was...nice. She wasn't expecting it, but it was nice. It made it feel like all that effort was worth it, and the tense muscles in her shoulders and back loosened.

"Oh, uh, right." She plopped her rear-end on the ground, giving her worked legs a rest. Her folded ears twitched as she listened to Snowfrost, wide yellow eyes watching intently. "Really?" She would have thought the senior warrior would have gotten it on the first try, and hearing how it ended up similar to her own experience felt almost...enlightening. Like, one day she might grow to be as strong and capable as her mentor. And that thought sent an excited tingle through her pelt.

"Wha-? Oh," She was shaken out of her reverie at Snowfrost's question. She scrunched up her nose, bringing back the dull ache from smacking it against the ground. It didn't feel serious, just like a big bruise more than anything. "Just some bruises, I'll be fine."

ALERT!
i recently started a new job alongside my college classes,
so my time on the site will be limited to after 5pm CST and whatever time i can spare on the weekends.
please bear with me while i try to respond to any and all posts <3

previous username: little-life-light