View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2018, 09:23 PM
so nasty

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Scribbles View Post

Ploverpelt padded alongside the tom, headed toward the most secluded place they could find. When the two reached it, Ploverpelt kept her fur fluffed out and angled her body so that not many cats could still see them. She kept the pity from her green-eyed gaze as Nimblewhisker broke down. Not many cats liked pity. It only seemed to make them upset. She instead filled her features with understanding and concern. "Oh, Nimblewhisker," she mewed.

She could remember the hateful glares of her Clanmates when she herself had come out. She didn't understand either why everyone was so upset. Why did she automatically have to fall in love with a tom simply because she was a molly? What was so wrong with loving she-cats, toms, and anycat inbetween? Why couldn't they just love her the way she loved them?

"Nimblewhisker, I-" she paused, trying to choose her words carefully. Ploverpelt didn't want to inspire false hope inside the friend she cared so much about. She only wanted to make him feel better. "I don't think they hate you..." she meowed gently, "I think they just don't understand. Sometimes that's what happens when cats don't understand something; they attack it. But Nimblewhisker, they did that to me too, and I got through it because of you... now it's my turn to help you."

Ploverpelt thought of her sister, Buttercupbreeze. The other she-cat didn't quite understand Ploverpelt, but she was courteous. The she-cat knew there were others in the Clan who were the same way to Nimblewhisker. "Think of it the way I did... if those cats don't understand, then the hateful things they're saying can't be true, can they?" She purred cautiously. She shifted her paws on the snow-covered ground, her paws finally starting to feel the chill. She hoped that when new-leaf came, it'd start to get warmer.
"I-I guess," He muttered quietly, "It just seems s-so stupid to me! Why can't every cat just g-get along?" It didn't seem like that much to ask for. As much as he wanted to deny it was true that the world they lived in was somewhat of a cruel place. One filled with death, disease, and seemly horrible things around every corner. So why in StarClan's name would cats make the world an even dungier place by being so rude and insensitive to each other?

He was just glad he had a friend like Ploverpelt who understood and listened to him without being condescending or pitying him in the process. Those kinda cats, in general, were hard to find and he was glad to be able to call one of the few his friend.

"Thank you, Ploverpelt," He meowed as his mind finally beginning to clear, "I'm really lucky to have such a kind and supportive friend like you." He gave her an affectionate lick on the cheek before continuing,"It's good to know I have someone to confide in when times get tough."