View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic! (at the Disco) View Post
Caracalspirit pushed back the doubt she felt about raising a kit. "It can't be too hard," she mewed, to calm herself and her mate. She sniffed the tiny bundle before running her tongue calmly through its fur, hoping she was doing this right. She barely visited the nursery - she wasn't expecting and didn't have any kits, so there was no need. "Does it have a name?" She asked, ceasing her licking for a moment. A name would be useful - she couldn't keep calling it 'the kit'. She smiled slightly, feeling a strange warmth in her chest. "I think we can do this," she mewed, surely she could raise the kit Hawkfeather found, she had a couple of motherly instincts simply from being a she-cat. She continued to lick the small bundle of fluff, smiling slightly and feeling a fuzzy warmth grow in her chest. An urge to protect the kit taking over as she lifted her head. "I mean - if you wanted to take care of it," she mumbled, knowing her mates decision also counted in this, not just her own.
Hawkfeather couldn’t help but let a small smile come to his maw as he gazed at his beautiful mate with a sense of love and pride, seeing how well she was taking this abrupt change in their life together. Thinking over it, the tan-furred male probably shouldn’t have worried about this all in the first place like he had done, surely not as much at the very least. “As long as we both work together, I’m sure that we can handle one kitten.” He mentioned to her with a light swish of his tail across the loose dirt behind him. Many cats in the clans usually raised litters of kittens, which ranged from two to even five little bundles to care for - certainly one kitten between them shouldn’t cause much trouble? As the warrior thought this, Hawkfeather gazed down at the shekit that had already seemed attached to Caracalspirit, seeing the kindhearted female as a mother figure faster than he had originally expected. This was a good thing though, without a doubt. “I think she has already taken a liking to you, my dear.” He said with another sense of happy feelings flowing through his fur. The small white-and-brown furred kitten’s delightful purring could surely be heard as his mate ran her tongue gently through the tiny creature’s softened pelt. He grew relaxed with his sense of ease and peace that seemed to linger between the three of them now - that was until she asked the kitten’s name. He hadn’t really thought that far ahead, hoping that she might’ve had an idea for a name, but it seemed like his responsibility now. “Well…” He began, looking at the kitten once more, thinking about possible names for them, “How about.. Flurrykit?” It was the first thing that came to mind, seeing her variety of fur pattern and how she just appeared in general. “How does that sound for a name?” Hawkfeather would, of course, ask for his mate’s opinion before decisions would be made. The kitten mewed happily with each stroke of the shecat’s tongue, feeling the warmth of a cat that seemed like a mother. Hawkfeather was touched by the sight of such things, but was taken a little by surprise when she asked if he wished to take care of the kitten. “O-Of course, I do! I just don’t want you to feel overwhelmed or anything, I know that this is all so sudden and without any preparation or anything..” He said, stuttering slightly in his words, “But I know that you’ll be a great mother and that any kitten being raised under your kindness will grow up to become a wonderful cat someday!” The Chausie meant these words with all of his heart and did his best to express that.